• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with removing Rapier arb skin add-on
Recently download and installed the Rapier ARB skin add-on and discovered it has messages from the author that pop up in the main menu and other screens screens.  Does any body now how to remove these messages?
I read only the builder Andrew can remove those awful messages. I'm sure if you were able to find the xml file from which those messages come from and delete you might have a clean build.
Andrew must have lost his mind but I also understand why he did what he did, but all he did was make people stop using his build altogether. I liked his stuff but not any more with dumb popups.
If your talking about the anti boxseller pop up then Actually it's a feature that Community Portal give you the option to use. These 'awful messages' last no more than 5 seconds and are in the screen a hell of alot less than a normal addon update notification. Yes your right only I can remove it and I won't be so if your not happy with a 5 second popup then please use another build. There are plenty out there that don't have it on.

I wouldn't go deleting xml files as it's not an xml anyway. I've seen a video on youtube from some idiot who deletes some xml files from the Spintz build. Yes it gets rid of the message but unfortunately because this guy is a complete tool he actually makes it so you get NO messages whatsoever so you wouldn't even know if a link wasn't working because a script fail message wouldn't show and you wouldn't see update messages either.

The popup is there to stop people being fooled into buying my build with boxes or firesticks and to also stop people ripping of the build and passing it off as their own. Like I say it lasts 5 seconds but if 5 second popups annoy you then like I say there are plenty other builds that don't use the notification.

I am not someone like Chris B or Schism, I don't actually care who uses my build so if people want to stop using it because of a pop up then that's their choice.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
[Image: nansig_arb.png]
There's a semi simple way of "getting rid" of the nag screen. Find a nice skin that you like, download some addons, link it all up into a nice tidy package and upload it to the cp.

Andrew hasn't "lost his mind". He made the choice to put the anti box selling screens into his build, and he has every right to.
The only reason that I can see with people complaining is that build sellers are passing off others work as their own, and are going to be asked some uncomfortable questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks to Andrewrb for reply. I have uninstalled the Rapier ARB skin and returned to Confluence but I am still getting the pop up messages from developer. What else do I have to do to totally eliminate the messages?
You would need to start from scratch with a fresh build. If you don't want the nag screen then you can either install a build that doesn't have it enabled or just install the addons manually via CP

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

IMPORTANT:
NO LOG == NO PROBLEM
Away
Yes. Like I said in my reply the delevoper message will not be getting removed so I'm afraid if it's annoying you then your going to need to try another build.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

[Image: nansig_arb.png]
I do understand why the nag screen is desired and it's unfortunate that it is, it's a shame for someone to profit from the hard work of others, or even just try to pass the hard work as being their own.  Is it necessary, however, that the nag has to pop up on every start up of Kodi?  Wouldn't it be sufficient to notify the user once, initially, or until the user acknowledges the message?  My problem is this:  I invested a lot of time, a lot of personal data and info into my setup.  I wanted to try a few different skins and builds, i still chose to keep my favorites, accounts, add-ons, etc.  Now I have returned to my original skin etc. but the nag screen persists even though I am no longer using anything from the build from CP that put it there.  My only option is to deal with a nag making it appear as though MY work is attributed to someone else, or I must begin a fresh install again.  That does upset me, and that is why this reseller message should be done differently or not at all.

Andy - my compliments on your build otherwise.  Well done.
I did do an update about 4 or 5 months ago which meant the message would only show if you're running that particular skin. Could be that code never made it into the CP add-on, not even sure if I still have it to be honest as CP is due to be retired soon in favour of the new stuff. Even though I said I wasn't doing any more updates to the old code I may possibly push a little update sometime soon as the project is taking longer than expected and there are glitches in existing CP that need fixing.
IMPORTANT:
NO LOG == NO PROBLEM
Away
(08-30-2016, 06:32 AM)avangorder Wrote: Is it necessary, however, that the nag has to pop up on every start up of Kodi?  Wouldn't it be sufficient to notify the user once, initially, or until the user acknowledges the message?
If the message would only show once, all any malicious user would need to do is let it run once and re-package after to get rid of the message which would defeat it's entire purpose so yes, it needs to run every start.

(08-30-2016, 06:32 AM)avangorder Wrote: My problem is this:  I invested a lot of time, a lot of personal data and info into my setup.  I wanted to try a few different skins and builds, i still chose to keep my favorites, accounts, add-ons, etc. 
If you backed up your favourites, accounts and addons (as is always advised to do so) you could easily start with a fresh build and copy your backed up stuff in to it.
Pulchra enim sunt uberae quae paululum supereminent et tument modice, nec fluitantia licenter et leniter restricta, repressa sed non depressa.
[Image: nansig_quihico.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Touch Friendly Skin GeneJock 5 98 09-12-2017, 10:32 AM
Last Post: steveintheforest
  How can I make custom background images for submenus in Aeon mq 7 Skin Wishmaster 5 570 03-26-2017, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Quihico
  Metropolis skin and video playback issues twisteddigit69 1 490 08-02-2016, 02:47 PM
Last Post: ARBTT
  Skin changes to default automatically benhouse86123 6 1,508 08-01-2016, 01:04 PM
Last Post: Flyindog
  Confluence skin on EMBer Linux Box bmehalo 1 726 06-10-2016, 10:24 PM
Last Post: whufclee
  Hybrid Skin Background Question fortenbra 12 3,119 06-07-2016, 09:47 AM
Last Post: hereinthecloud9
  Skin Background images whufclee 7 3,104 04-13-2016, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Jpc
  Change skin, keep layout OptimusGREEN 2 796 02-27-2016, 09:45 AM
Last Post: OptimusGREEN
  Can A Person Modify and Rename An Existing Skin on Noobs and Nerds snoopysnoop 4 962 02-14-2016, 05:24 PM
Last Post: dropgoat1
  Spinztv skin only request? dlbdlbdlb 4 1,028 01-15-2016, 06:05 PM
Last Post: ARBTT