Sponsored Links:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[BETA RELEASE] Community Portal 4Xbox
Told you guys I hadn't forgotten about you didn't I Smile

I've been working on a Community Portal / Total Installer for XBMC4Xbox and although it's still far from perfect it seems to be working pretty well so if anyone wants to test it out please post up here and you'll find a link on here as soon as it's available. The code is completely opensource and unobfuscated so if anyone wants to help out then feel free, I think all the hard work is done now. I'm having a word with the NaN guys to see if it can be put on their repo.

Current status:

WORKING:
[UPDATED 31st Jan 2016] Skins - Added skin section in Add-on Portal area, if anyone wants to add their xbox skin to the repo or has their own repo give me a shout and we'll get it added to the portal or possibly give you access to the xbox skins repo to add it in there (whichever is best for everyone).

[UPDATED 31st Jan 2016] YouTube Videos - Edited spoysers youtube module, unfortunately I've only been able to get pretty low quality videos to play on Xbox but they are at least playing.

Add-ons are installing along with the relevant modules (and some modified modules)

You can create a backup (community build) and it can restore without wiping your existing install.

Maintenance section has a few little bits in there - mainly backup options but more will be added over time.

NOT WORKING:
Community Builds - Stuff that needed doing on NaN server is sorted, just need to code in a simple scraper for the builds.
Text Based Guides - Currently XBMC4Xbox doesn't have an option for showing a full screen window of text so will have to code one up from scratch I think.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

About:
Ok here it is guys, sorry for the delay. This is my WIP version and there's a load of stuff in there that needs cleaning up, it's not really something I'd usually release for public consumption in this state but hopefully someone will be able to take a look and help out with the code as I'm really struggling with time constraints due to other projects. I've commented it as much as possible.

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
Manually Download via your PC from: http://noobsandnerds.com/portal/Xbox/
As I was rushing about I just copied over my test add-on from the xbox and so I've not tested installing via A4X Installer. Hopefully it will install but if not I would suggest manually extracting to your plugins/programs folder. If that doesn't work then install the old one via A4X Installer (old one is in a sub-folder on the server called old) and then extract the contents of this zip over the top after it's installed.
WANT EARLY DEVELOPMENT RELEASE ACCESS?
All users who've helped out with a donation can now gain early access to the
latest test versions of add-ons, often weeks or months ahead of the public stable releases.

[Image: 11i3ihd.jpg]
Sponsored Links:
Would love to try it out mate .

Good work keeping the old lady of xbmc alive.
Hey mguys sorry for not being in touch, had some real life issues to take care of, then work and xmas coming the xbox's just got put to one side.

Looking forward to getting back into it again and getting much testing done, still getting a few pm's across the forums so theres still abit of interest in the old girl yet Smile

Hopefully will get around to doing some testing done soon once i get all my xbox stuff sorted again
Always here to help members with xbmc4xbox
related issues. Also testing current xbox plugin compatibility
[Image: s_zpsarhdba5s.jpg]
Aha there you are Keith, great to have you back. Ok now you're back I'll upload the beta version I have here. I've just managed to brick an Android box I was working on so I'll boot up the old girl now, make whatever changes I can and then upload it here so you can all have a little play. Its still not perfect but I have some ideas for future improvements Smile
latest test versions of add-ons, often weeks or months ahead of the public stable releases.

Please view first post for download details, remember this is VERY MUCH a beta version and there are still a few bugs. However that being said I'm fairly certain the add-on and backup/restore sections are working pretty well.

By default this will only list addons marked as "approved" (in other words ones that are legally ok). If you want to test installing other add-ons then you can enable this option in the plugin settings. Please note when enabling this option it's entirely your responsibility to check whether or not they are legal in your country/state.

Thats grand whuf looking forward to giving it a real good test over the weekend. As for the 3rd party addons am i ok to still test and mention these in the post. also is there a specific way you want it tested or just a full overhaul of all the feature included and results  with the xbox etc
I think the  add-on install stuff is working well so really it's just a case of installing some add-ons and updating the NaN Add-on Portal with your results. As far as testing goes yes the NaN owners don't mind talk of any add-ons so feel free to post up about all content mate. Probably worth keeping to the format we introduced do you think? That way we have logs to look through and can add xbox notes of possibly how to fix. Phoenix is a good example I installed that and the latest version didn't work but the fix was pretty simple and it works well. In time I was thinking we could possibly edit this add-on so you physically launch your add-ons from it, that way we could get it to check if a new version is available each time you install and ask if you want to update (doing a backup of the original in case it doesn't work). Could also show the notes in case a fix needs doing?

yup that sounds good to me, i think keeping it in the original testing format is much better, logs i think are a must if we can get some stuff working again. Yep ill keep the database up to date, firstly by testing the better known and more used plugins then branching out to lesser known ones
Just a little update, I've made some good progress on this over the Christmas period. I need will update the first post when I push an updated version but here's what I've done:

YouTube videos ARE working! That means the preview videos and tutorials are up and running, unfortunately the best quality I could get working is 480p so for any guides that need hi-res (such as video with text/code in) it's a little hard to follow but I think that's probably the best we're going to get. Tried all the variations of 720p that YouTube returns but couldn't get any of them working on the old girl, came close a couple of times but just didn't quite have the resources to play it on a standard 64MB RAM box.

Also fixed a few little bugs with the add-ons section and added an option to view the top 100 most downloaded add-ons.

Next up I'm planning on getting the Community Builds bit working, I honestly think the old skool Xbox crowd could find this really useful and will hopefully use the system for the purposes it was originally designed for (sharing cool new ideas and not just using it as a way to distribute fully loaded boxes en-masse!).

I also want to get the skins section working, that shouldn't hopefully be too difficult either.

Text guide sections may have to wait a little longer I'm afraid.

I'm anxious for this whuclee.I IED to install it yesterday after updating the Xbox to latest. But it would not laugh. I'll check again today and tell you the error message and perhaps post a log of I can remember how.

Idok Fire

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [RELEASE] YouTube (new for xbox) sixties keith 3 88 01-13-2017, 11:37 AM
Last Post: whufclee
  [SCRIPT RELEASE] YouTube Addon for xbox sixties keith 0 337 08-10-2016, 09:20 AM
Last Post: sixties keith
  Test Release from TotalInstaller4Xbox (xbmc4xbox) sixties keith 12 3,220 11-11-2015, 07:10 PM
Last Post: whufclee
  FIRST RELEASE PLANNED FOR XBOX!!! A Special Treat For The ORIGINAL XBMC Users whufclee 9 1,099 05-14-2015, 08:57 AM
Last Post: sixties keith
  Where to download all the packages for XBMC 3.5 Beta 4? wchusky 3 1,815 08-06-2014, 08:14 PM
Last Post: wchusky
  release movie25faster skatulskijean 0 3,493 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: