• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to submit an addon to the Add-on Portal
Here at TotalXBMC noobsandnerds our aim is to give a completely unbiased and user friendly solution enabling users to search for add-ons, this is where the Add-on Portal comes in. The site is designed to be a free community based website so there is absolutely no cost to you for submitting your add-ons, the more repositories we have indexed the better it is for the community Smile

We now have options on the Add-on Portal page where users can add new repositories and add-ons themselves directly via a web form. You can even add your own video guides, edit the genre tags, mark the working/broken status, add useful notes etc.

This is aimed to be a useful community resource for users to share details of compatibility reports, known bugs etc. No links to the add-on downloads are displayed on the site.

The information stored on these repositories/add-ons is also used for Security Shield so if you notice an add-on being marked up in the wrong repository (not the official devs repo) please notify a member of the team so they can edit the details. Thank you.

ADD A REPOSITORY TO THE PORTAL

CHECK LIVE REPOSITORY STATUS
IMPORTANT:
NO LOG == NO PROBLEM
Away
This is a message to any add-on developers out there:

LIVE STATUS INFORMATION
The Add-on Portal and Total Installer have been coded so that live status information can be shown, this means that if you know your add-on is currently experiencing problems (whether down to a website change or whatever) you can add the <broken> tag. This code has always been there and the tag is not a new one we made up - it's been used in XBMC add-ons for many years. If the add-on is only temporarily broken or there are glitches but for the most part it's still working you may not want to mark it as broken in your addon.xml file and instead you may want to use the online form and add a note against the add-on which can then later be removed/edited.
(Update - form link currently removed as it's being re-coded)

How Does It Work?:
If you add some text between the broken tags it will appear when users search for your add-on and they will be updated with the latest details. If text exists in this section you will see a notification when searching for that particular add-on that says "reported as broken" and the user can then click on the description to see exactly what the problem is. This is a great way to let your users know if there are any known bugs/problems and should save lots of duplicate messages on the forums.

Will This Stop XBMC/Kodi From Installing My Add-on?
If you were to edit the addon.xml and push to the repo then yes it would be marked as broken and Kodi would refuse to install. Once fixed it would just be a case of increasing the version number and removing the broken tag.

Any questions feel free to ask Smile
IMPORTANT:
NO LOG == NO PROBLEM
Away
(08-19-2014, 07:32 AM)whufclee Wrote: Here at TotalXBMC our aim is to give a completely unbiased and user friendly solution enabling users to search for add-ons which is where the Add-on Portal comes in. The site is designed to be a free community based website so there is absolutely no cost to you for submitting your addons, the more repositories we have the better it is for the community Smile

We now have options on the Addon Portal page where users can add new repositories and addons themselves directly via a web form. You can even add your own video guides, edit the genre tags, mark the working/broken status, add useful notes etc.

This is aimed to be a useful community resource for users to share details of compatibility reports, known bugs etc. No links to the add-on downloads are displayed on the site.

Do you have a link to this form lee looked on the portal page but can't see anything then again I may be on wrong page ?‍♂️
Big Yid
I am a regular user of that page and as far as I can tell it is down at present whilst Lee is working on an update.
[Image: nansig_bromerzz.png]
How to upload a log file:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XICDlo_3MFY
NO LOG =  NO PROBLEM

(07-29-2017, 06:05 PM)bromerzz Wrote: Big Yid
I am a regular user of that page and as far as I can tell it is down at present whilst Lee is working on an update.

Thanks for the info
Yes sorry it's currently offline mate (as of about a week ago). The stuff I've been messing around with is db based so I didn't really want people trying to add info that could potentially end up getting removed when the final update is done. Hoping to have the all new Add-on Portal up and running within the next few weeks, possibly sooner depending on personal circumstances.
IMPORTANT:
NO LOG == NO PROBLEM
Away
UPDATE:
Although the form where you can physically edit details regarding an add-on (genres, video guides etc.) is not yet ready to work with the new db structure we do now have a form where you can enter details of a new repo. If you have a repo you'd like to add to the daily scan of the Add-on Portal please use the form here and the contents of the repo will be automatically scanned into the portal.

Don't forget to use the genre tags to help properly categorise your add-ons Smile
IMPORTANT:
NO LOG == NO PROBLEM
Away
(08-19-2014, 07:32 AM)whufclee Wrote: Here at TotalXBMC noobsandnerds our aim is to give a completely unbiased and user friendly solution enabling users to search for add-ons, this is where the Add-on Portal comes in. The site is designed to be a free community based website so there is absolutely no cost to you for submitting your add-ons, the more repositories we have indexed the better it is for the community Smile

We now have options on the Add-on Portal page where users can add new repositories and add-ons themselves directly via a web form. You can even add your own video guides, edit the genre tags, mark the working/broken status, add useful notes etc.

The information stored on these repositories/add-ons is also used for Security Shield so if you notice an add-on being marked up in the wrong repository (not the official devs repo) please notify a member of the team so they can edit the details. Thank you.

ADD A REPOSITORY TO THE PORTAL

CHECK LIVE REPOSITORY STATUS

Thanks Lee i'll get mine added
UPDATE-----
Just tried to add and it said my repo already existed i've looked in the check status and it is there? guess there is a fualt when submitting or it was really already there. But i've never submitted it before?
Can you tell me what your repo is called?

If it's found in one of the other repo's already scanned into the portal it automatically gets picked up so that could possibly be the case but if you can let me know repo name I'll check it out and make sure there's not an error with the return text. Cheers.
IMPORTANT:
NO LOG == NO PROBLEM
Away
(08-04-2017, 04:58 PM)whufclee Wrote: Can you tell me what your repo is called?

If it's found in one of the other repo's already scanned into the portal it automatically gets picked up so that could possibly be the case but if you can let me know repo name I'll check it out and make sure there's not an error with the return text. Cheers.

Thanks lee 
Thinking about only other place i know it is is the Ares portal one 
addon id="repository.BYBrepo" name="BYB Repo"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scraper addon Universe addon 1 220 10-14-2017, 07:14 AM
Last Post: whufclee
  Live TV addon TonyH 10 211 09-26-2017, 08:45 AM
  error when trying to open addon keepforgettingmypassword 5 98 09-20-2017, 02:26 PM
Last Post: keepforgettingmypassword
  creating a search feature in addon streemz 10 164 09-04-2017, 07:50 PM
Last Post: streemz
  how can i import pyqt4 in my addon naveengautam002 1 47 08-15-2017, 10:55 AM
  installing scripts required for addon BigYid 5 83 08-05-2017, 11:51 AM
  Create Repo / Addon for " TV MUCHO" bicky 2 90 07-28-2017, 05:37 PM
Last Post: bicky
  Addon created, now how do I add content to it? PJD1976 1 65 07-26-2017, 01:15 PM
  Problem trying to submit a repo mancuniancol 1 104 07-08-2017, 12:12 PM
  Create Your First Addon whufclee 17 4,092 05-08-2017, 09:34 AM