Sponsored Links:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To Change Background/Wallpaper
Thanks to All Things Tech for this great video explaining how to edit the homepage background image:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO9ORL1e1yA
WANT EARLY DEVELOPMENT RELEASE ACCESS?
All users who've helped out with a donation can now gain early access to the
latest test versions of add-ons, often weeks or months ahead of the public stable releases.

[Image: 11i3ihd.jpg]
Sponsored Links:
He is going too fast to understand in the video. Can you list the steps to click starting from the main menu of xbmc to change default background to a different one?
I like the space background attachment below. How do I get my device which have xbmc on it to look like that background which I like.  Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Different skins have different ways of dealing with it so I'll just talk you through the standard Confluence skin...

System>Appearance>Skin>-Settings>Background Options>

Click on "Enable Custom Background" then youl'll be able to click on the option below which says "- Background Path:". Just navigate to the location of your background image and click OK. If the location to your image isn't listed just add the root directory as a source in filemanager first.
latest test versions of add-ons, often weeks or months ahead of the public stable releases.

So how do I copy the background file from my android device so I can use it on my other PCs or devices? Like the background shown in my attachment?
Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Simplest way would be to copy the image to a USB stick and then copy it to your PC that way. Doesn't matter what image you use as XBMC will scale it to size but either a 1920x1080 or 1280x720 is recommended.

I use Filezilla ftp program to transfer files from Nexus phone to p.c. and vice versa. It is much easier then copying and transferring via usb.

[Image: ZXXqTyZ.jpg]

SKINDEFAULT.jpg in /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/backgrounds folder was the file and folder I was looking for.

I found out how to put background jpg file as wall paper. Thanks

Glad you got it sorted, yes copying over the network is obviously the quickest method (and also my preferred method) but some users find the thought of using an FTP style program daunting. You could also send it via bluetooth Smile

The video is excellent as usual and I've changed the background easily. I'm not able to change movies, Sport etc to individual backgrounds and wonder if anyone can point me in the direction of how to do this please. I've looked around but can't find an answer. On the video there seems to be options to change individual folders but I can't find them on my Kodi using ccm the same as the video. Any help would be appreciated please
It really does depend on what skin you're using, some have the ability to change individual images, some even allow for multiple images so you can set a whole folder of images to show randomly but some more basic skins you're just limited to one option I'm afraid. It could be that you're trying to do this with a basic skin, I think the standard Confluence only allows for one background image if I remember correctly, my favourite is CCM (Confluence Customisable Mod) which allows for loads of customisation but still runs nice and fast.

For me, I have a FireTV Stick running Kodi, so i use adb push to send the background folder I create on my PC to my FireTV Stick. I run Aeon Nox, so I  go into the setting of the Nox skin, then point the backgrounds to the corresponding kodi page, ex Sports/Sports wallpaper image or folder.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I make custom background images for submenus in Aeon mq 7 Skin Wishmaster 2 39 9 hours ago
Last Post: whufclee
  Krypton estuary.mod custom background pictures? Syers4444 4 91 03-14-2017, 09:36 AM
Last Post: Syers4444
  Hybrid Skin Background Question fortenbra 12 2,017 06-07-2016, 09:47 AM
Last Post: hereinthecloud9
  Skin Background images whufclee 7 2,473 04-13-2016, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Jpc
  Background issue?? mayo85 14 1,328 03-15-2016, 02:28 PM
Last Post: coopermiller
  Change skin, keep layout OptimusGREEN 2 548 02-27-2016, 09:45 AM
Last Post: OptimusGREEN
  Confluence Background Identification jh@zanmail.co.uk 0 547 04-09-2015, 12:35 PM
Last Post: jh@zanmail.co.uk
  Change background screen of xbmc zhong 1 936 08-18-2014, 02:42 PM
Last Post: whufclee
  cant seem to change aeon nox menus satmanuk 0 838 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  change colour off 1 letter on main bar craigy 0 911 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: