• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No sound , black screen.
Hello, looking for help here,
I have 2 android boxes, both running on xbmc Gotham 13.1,
My tv does not have hdmi, so is connected with the red, white and yellow cables. (Called?)

1) one box has video but no sound.
Even on home screen, no keyboard sound etc.
2) the other sound, but black screen on most add ons. (Plays video on you tube and one docu add on)
I was advised to go to settings-video-(advance)acceleration. Hardware/ to software.
Which worked on an old box.
But did not work on this box.
Any advice or problem solving would be appreciated, thanks.
I am surprised your Android box has RCA Plugs for composite video to connect to your old t.v. set ?
How old is your Android box ? Most Android box have hdmi jack but no composite jacks.
Do both your boxes have hdmi and composite jacks on them ?

(08-16-2014, 11:00 AM)vinnyka1 link Wrote:Hello, looking for help here,
I have 2 android boxes, both running on xbmc Gotham 13.1,
My tv does not have hdmi, so is connected with the red, white and yellow cables. (Called?)

1) one box has video but no sound.
Even on home screen, no keyboard sound etc.
2) the other sound, but black screen on most add ons. (Plays video on you tube and one docu add on)
I was advised to go to settings-video-(advance)acceleration. Hardware/ to software.
Which worked on an old box.
But did not work on this box.
Any advice or problem solving would be appreciated, thanks.
It's not the boxes fault. My house was broken into and my flat screen tv stolen. Untill I get a new Telly, I have to use an older one hence the change over.
When I buy a new one, I'll change back to hdmi.
Both boxes have hdmi and composit jacks.
[Image: 4erybuty.jpg][Image: 7usunuvy.jpg][Image: upuja7ah.jpg]
Where did you buy your Android boxes ?
I wanted to buy Android box with composite jacks as well but could never find box which do have them.
How much it cost to buy the newest ?

(08-16-2014, 01:21 PM)vinnyka1 link Wrote:Both boxes have hdmi and composit jacks.
I live in the Canary's where tv is hit and miss. I'm irish, a friend gets them from England, roots them and sends them to me. All my friends here want them. It took me two months to get them perfect, the way friends who are technophobes, are happy to be able to use them.
So china or England, at about  €120 or 80sterling.
It's easy to use hdmi and change to composit , but in reverse it's a nightmare.
For anybody using android boxes with XBMC, that have problems with video or audio. These are the settings.[Image: hunedepe.jpg][Image: ebyzevy5.jpg][Image: qu4avy8y.jpg][Image: ujyve9up.jpg][Image: 3uje2e9u.jpg][Image: 7y9ebu7y.jpg][Image: na6uvyge.jpg][Image: 8a9a6a6y.jpg]

When people ask a smile and honest question!
Answer them!
People have lives.
We are not all computer freaks!
Just people who would like an easy answer!
Hi vinny, did you manage to get your audio working? Sorry for the delay in replying I've been away for the weekend and just catching up on all the messages.

In XBMC go to your Audio Output section and try changing the output device, that may or may not sort it out - it may also be that you need to edit the audio output in android system settings too.

With regards to the video, yes it's most likely something to do with the hw acceleration so have a fiddle about with all the different options. There are only 3 checkboxes relating to hw acceleration so if you try all the different combinations you should hopefully get lucky.

Also a little tip... when doing any screenshots you can create a screenshot by pressing the prnt scrn button on a keyboard Wink
IMPORTANT:
NO LOG == NO PROBLEM
Away

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Surround sound imaddicted2u 4 977 02-26-2016, 04:57 PM
Last Post: whufclee
  Samsung SM-T700 and Frodo crackling audio sound zhong 0 1,128 09-08-2014, 03:16 PM
Last Post: zhong