• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Create Your Own Repository
If you have a look in your addon.xml in the repository folder you'll notice the paths are wrong. I think when you used the generator you didn't overwrite the default text of "my_github" and instead added to that so you've ended up with this:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/my_git...y.sparkgfx....

If you change all 3 instances of those in your addon.xml, bump up the version number then run the repo_generator.py file and push to repo you should be good.
IMPORTANT:
NO LOG == NO PROBLEM
Away
(07-27-2017, 10:34 PM)whufclee Wrote: If you have a look in your addon.xml in the repository folder you'll notice the paths are wrong. I think when you used the generator you didn't overwrite the default text of "my_github" and instead added to that so you've ended up with this:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/my_git...y.sparkgfx....

If you change all 3 instances of those in your addon.xml, bump up the version number then run the repo_generator.py file and push to repo you should be good.

Thanks for giving it a look. Figured it was something simple haha. Works great now! Is there any way I could pick your brain about creating an Addon based off the Xfinity/Comcast Stream application? I have a subscription, but would be nice to have an addon in Kodi since everything else is ran through Kodi on my media devices. Sideloading the .apk file works, but looks ugly and doesn't have any back button functions.
I'm probably not the best person in the world to ask, although I dabble at all kinds of add-ons video based ones are not really something I know that much about. I've dabbled with them and for the most part it's the same code as all other Python based add-ons but for live streams it's not something I've ever been interested in I'm afraid.

That being said there are others in the NaN group who know much more about video add-ons than me so they may be able to help. Shoot me a PM if you're interested in joining the private NaN Dev chat and I'll get you an invite.
IMPORTANT:
NO LOG == NO PROBLEM
Away
Let me start with, you guys are the best! I have learned almost everything I know about kodi, koding and the related stuff. Your time and willingness to share your knowledge is much appreciated.
I followed your videos and made a repository and a couple of addons. Everything works great, installed into kodi. I did a test last night to update one of my addons. I changed the addon.xml file version number and a minor change in the default.py. I ran the repo_xml_generator.py from the root directory, then opened the desktop github program( I forget the name of it) committed my changes and pushed the update. I opened my github in my browser and I can see the changes I made, but when I try update the addon from within kodi, it won't update. I looked at noobsandnerds repository and noticed there was a addons_xml_generator.py file in the zips folder. Do I need that in my repo? Or what am I doing wrong? Thanks

https://github.com/tony5856/repository.tonysrepo
Hi Tony,

First of all thanks for the kind words and I'm really pleased to hear the guides are helping you - comments like that really do make it all worthwhile.

I just installed your repo (0.0.2) and it all installed fine in Kodi, I managed to install all 3 add-ons in there.

Sounds like Kodi just isn't picking up the changes, it can be a pain like that on some devices. If the "check for updates" option doesn't work in the slide out menu you can manually force Kodi to check for updates by deleting userdata/Database/addons*.db and re-opening Kodi.

By the way, ignore the generator on the zips directory of NaN - that's the old original version (not so automated) which is still in there and it's no longer being used. Well I say it's no longer being used, pretty sure I took it out when I done an update a few weeks back but it appears it's made it's way back in so I reckon one of our other committers to the repo may still use the old generator. Anyway I'm rambling now, you definitely don't need that generator and your repo appears to be working just fine - good job Smile
IMPORTANT:
NO LOG == NO PROBLEM
Away
Thanks for the info, will try that. I was going to start setting up the Aftermath wizard and wanted to make sure my repo was working first.
For anyone wanting help from me on this topic you can find the new support thread here.

@admin: The contents of this thread are still relevant so feel free to keep it open if you think it will be of use but I shall only be offering support for this on the new forum linked above.
IMPORTANT:
NO LOG == NO PROBLEM
Away
This is good. Just starting here and always wanted this information.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Create my own repository/wizard help DJH21 2 486 10-29-2017, 05:58 AM
Last Post: Berl
  Create Repo / Addon for " TV MUCHO" bicky 2 83 07-28-2017, 05:37 PM
Last Post: bicky
  Create Your First Addon whufclee 17 4,063 05-08-2017, 09:34 AM
Last Post: whufclee
  [BROKEN] Create your own Youtube addon in under 5 minutes whufclee 2 1,198 11-04-2015, 01:10 PM
Last Post: liinux
  Can someone create an addon for this site? ministerdoc 1 977 01-29-2015, 09:07 AM
Last Post: whufclee