Sponsored Links:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Create Your Own Repository
To be honest now you mention it I think that's why I stopped using that generator. I'm afraid I only know the very basics of how to use github but you can create branches for testing I believe and then merge work back in, not something I ever messed about with though as I found it a little overwhelming especially as I was still trying to get used to the transition from googlecode SVN to github lol. That's why I went back to using that old generator as that lets me control exactly what's in my zip and source files and not need too much technical knowledge of how the github system works - one day I'll revisit it and try to master it all but for now it all seems like black magic to me Smile
WANT EARLY DEVELOPMENT RELEASE ACCESS?
All users who've helped out with a donation can now gain early access to the
latest test versions of add-ons, often weeks or months ahead of the public stable releases.

[Image: 11i3ihd.jpg]
Sponsored Links:
Fair enough pal, could you link me to the generator your using so i could give that a try?

Also when i go to my repo in Kodi (Settings>Addons>Get Addon>MyRepo), why does my addon show up in video add-ons as well as program add-ons?

You can view the generator here, if you want to download it just click on the RAW button.

If you can post the contents of your addon.xml up here I'll take a look and see what's causing it to show as a video and program add-on. Just put it in a code block so it's easy to read - it's the # button when posting. It will just be something simple, there are a few add-ons that are shown in multiple categories - should just be a case of removing the provides video section.
latest test versions of add-ons, often weeks or months ahead of the public stable releases.

Hi,

Yes pal it was the proves tag which said "Video Executable" I've removed video and now it only displays in the programs section.
A quick question about my repo.. It install fine and it install the add-on fine, but when I go to run the add-on I get a "Script Failed Error". But when I install the same addon via zip file it installs and works fine?

Any suggestions?
Will need a log to see what's going on and if you can link to the repo in question that would be a big help as we can then test from this end. Without access it's going to be tricky and take much longer to diagnose!

(06-13-2015, 12:26 PM)whufclee link Wrote: Will need a log to see what's going on and if you can link to the repo in question that would be a big help as we can then test from this end. Without access it's going to be tricky and take much longer to diagnose!

Yeah sure, the GitHub repo is here: https://github.com/iConsulTech/Repo

Shall i attached my error log or shall i copy and paste as code? Does it include any passwords?
First thing you should do is add the original author in the addon.xml where it says "provider-name" on the top line, you can add as many names as you want in there separated by a comma but it's good ethics to credit the original author. You can find the original addon.xml here and that has details of the original devs.

I just installed and although I got the script error after choosing the backup path when you try and go back in again it works just fine and I've backed up no problem. The problem with the script error appearing after entering the backup path was in Mikeys original code so you'd have to work that one out yourself but I think the best course of action may be to do the check once you click on a menu item rather than on first run.

The restore function didn't work and after looking at the log it's because you've got it looking for "Full-Backup.zip" and the backup file is actually called backup.zip (all lowercase).

(06-13-2015, 03:09 PM)whufclee link Wrote: First thing you should do is add the original author in the addon.xml where it says "provider-name" on the top line, you can add as many names as you want in there separated by a comma but it's good ethics to credit the original author. You can find the original addon.xml here and that has details of the original devs.

I just installed and although I got the script error after choosing the backup path when you try and go back in again it works just fine and I've backed up no problem. The problem with the script error appearing after entering the backup path was in Mikeys original code so you'd have to work that one out yourself but I think the best course of action may be to do the check once you click on a menu item rather than on first run.

The restore function didn't work and after looking at the log it's because you've got it looking for "Full-Backup.zip" and the backup file is actually called backup.zip (all lowercase).

Yeah I will write the original dev and author in the xml, not a problem. Thanks for testing pal, just changed the backup zip name and will move the prompt for choosing backup storage so that it asks for it after you click a menu item as you said.

Learnt quite a lot today in regards to working with the log file etc. Appreciate all the help.
No problem, happy to help. Any further questions feel free to ask Smile

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Create my own repository/wizard help DJH21 1 90 12-20-2016, 09:38 PM
Last Post: whufclee
  Create Your First Addon whufclee 7 1,808 02-06-2016, 07:39 PM
Last Post: kodikraze
  Create addon with list populated from web pipcan 2 914 11-02-2015, 03:22 PM
Last Post: houdin24