Sponsored Links:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Create Your Own Repository
Don't think you need any special files, oh actually you may need to create a .htaccess file.

Ok so on mine I created a sub-domain in cpanel called 'i' (i.totalxbmc.tv) and in the .htaccess file here's the contents:

Code:
Options +Indexes
IndexOptions -FancyIndexing
WANT EARLY DEVELOPMENT RELEASE ACCESS?
All users who've helped out with a donation can now gain early access to the
latest test versions of add-ons, often weeks or months ahead of the public stable releases.

[Image: 11i3ihd.jpg]
Sponsored Links:
(06-09-2015, 08:20 AM)whufclee link Wrote: Don't think you need any special files, oh actually you may need to create a .htaccess file.

Ok so on mine I created a sub-domain in cpanel called 'i' (i.totalxbmc.tv) and in the .htaccess file here's the contents:

Code:
Options +Indexes
IndexOptions -FancyIndexing

Thanks for all the help, I've got the HTTP Server to work with Kodi now and its showing all my files fine.

Now just to get GitHub to work. Ive created a repo, I've also setup all the files and folder structure the same as yours. When I go to "file manager" on Kodi and add a source what URL do I put in there? Where do I find my repo URL?

Thanks
You don't, you would use your http server as the source and in there put your repository.zip file. Users can then access this zip via system>add-ons>install from zip. Once installed your repo will be installed and you can view all the content via the built-in add-on manager.
latest test versions of add-ons, often weeks or months ahead of the public stable releases.

(06-09-2015, 01:44 PM)whufclee link Wrote: You don't, you would use your http server as the source and in there put your repository.zip file. Users can then access this zip via system>add-ons>install from zip. Once installed your repo will be installed and you can view all the content via the built-in add-on manager.

Oh I understand so when the repository.zip in installed from my HTTP Server it is linked/pointing to the GitHub repo, is that correct?

Ive installed the repo, but can't see any files in there? Ive tried force refresh but still doesn't show anything?

Also when I try to run the add-on_xml_generator.py on my mac it just comes up with this error:

Code:
Last login: Tue Jun  9 11:18:41 on console
Harvinders-MacBook-Pro:~ Harvinder$ cd '/Users/Harvinder/Repo/zips/' && '/usr/bin/pythonw'  '/Users/Harvinder/Repo/zips/addons_xml_generator.py'  && echo Exit status: $? && exit 1
  File "/Users/Harvinder/Repo/zips/addons_xml_generator.py", line 4
    <!DOCTYPE html>
    ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
Harvinders-MacBook-Pro:zips Harvinder$

Any suggestions?
Sorry I don't do apple products so no idea how it would work on a mac but I presume you'll certainly need to run it from the Python GUI. Download Python and then run the file again from within the Python GUI, without a proper addons.xml and md5 file on the repo the list will be empty.

(06-09-2015, 06:17 PM)whufclee link Wrote: Sorry I don't do apple products so no idea how it would work on a mac but I presume you'll certainly need to run it from the Python GUI. Download Python and then run the file again from within the Python GUI, without a proper addons.xml and md5 file on the repo the list will be empty.

Worked it out pal, my bad I had something other coding in the addons_xml_generator.py just copied the coding from the wiki and it now generates an MD5 and Addons.xml file. However the Addons.xml seen to just have this in there:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addons>
</addons>

Should it display info about my addons? Yours has all the addons in it..

You appear to be running the addon_xml_generator from the zips folder.

You need to run it from the root of your repo folder on your Mac. So move the file there and try that.

I'd also recommend installing the GitHub For Mac App. Makes it real easy to manage updates.
Just read the instructions on the website:
https://mac.github.com/

HTH

Rich
(06-09-2015, 07:42 PM)DixieDean link Wrote: You appear to be running the addon_xml_generator from the zips folder.

You need to run it from the root of your repo folder on your Mac. So move the file there and try that.

I'd also recommend installing the GitHub For Mac App. Makes it real easy to manage updates.
Just read the instructions on the website:
https://mac.github.com/

HTH

Rich

Hi Pal, I just mooved the addons_xml_generator out of the zips folder to the root and run it again but the addons.xml that it generates is still the same? (In TR's repo he has the generator in the zips folder?)

Yeah I've already got the GitHub app for mac but thanks for the heads up.
Here's a screenshot of my repo on my hard disk.

The structure should be like that:

[Image: Screenshot_2015_06_09_21_39_18.png]
Yeah it depends on which addon_xml_generator you're using, there are two or three different ones kicking about. I have a feeling the one Rich uses may automatically create the zips (I used to use one of those) but the one I currently use I run from the zip folder and just put the each addon.xml in each add-on folder.

So long as you don't have test code in your root then you could do it the same way as Rich, doesn't really make much difference but you must have an addon.xml in each add-on folder as the code picks up the details from each one of those files.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Create Your First Addon whufclee 9 2,591 01-24-2017, 04:26 PM
Last Post: whufclee
  Create my own repository/wizard help DJH21 1 244 12-20-2016, 09:38 PM
  [BROKEN] Create your own Youtube addon in under 5 minutes whufclee 2 1,041 11-04-2015, 01:10 PM
Last Post: liinux
  Create addon with list populated from web pipcan 2 1,107 11-02-2015, 03:22 PM
Last Post: houdin24
  Can someone create an addon for this site? ministerdoc 1 848 01-29-2015, 09:07 AM