Sponsored Links:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Create Your First Addon
UPDATE - 8th May 2017: A newer simpler solution has been designed by the team here, if you want to use the Python Koding framework (designed for complete ease of use and very noob-friendly) then please view this thread.

-------------------------------------------------------

Original / Old Thread:
The guys at the official kodi.tv forum have created an excellent guide on how to create your very first basic addon, even if you already have previous coding experience this is a great place to start as it will guide you through the basics of how Kodi works and explains the dependencies that are needed when creating an addon.

The wiki guide is here.

There is an official forum thread on the kodi.tv website where you'll get the best support possible but of course you can ask questions in here if you prefer. You can visit the official support thread here.
WANT EARLY DEVELOPMENT RELEASE ACCESS?
All users who've helped out with a donation can now gain early access to the
latest test versions of add-ons, often weeks or months ahead of the public stable releases.

[Image: 11i3ihd.jpg]
Sponsored Links:
Thanks for this WHUFC BRILLIANT!!!
Thanks for this info.  I really appreciate it.  I just purchased a fire stick about 2 months ago.  I have since purchased another box to dabble with Kodi.  I really find this stuff very interesting and have been searching on where to begin if I wanted to try to understand how it all works.  I have a little (very limited) bit of software knowledge and I'm looking forward to connecting to the community to learn more. Info like this is what makes it easier for noobs like me to become interested.  Thanks for the info.  It is just what I was looking for.
I am desiring to create my own addons - video plugins.

Pipcan has a good video, but my question is this:

I am wanting to make a news addon that streams the news and I wanted to use mashable or something similar to put news info on my addon so people can stream news and read their news from kodi addon.

My question really revolves around how to get the url link of the streaming video. I can perhaps view source?
also are their templates I can use where I can just change the url ? I am brand new to python
(01-22-2016, 07:18 AM)bluedangerforyou link Wrote: I am desiring to create my own addons - video plugins.

Pipcan has a good video, but my question is this:

I am wanting to make a news addon that streams the news and I wanted to use mashable or something similar to put news info on my addon so people can stream news and read their news from kodi addon.

My question really revolves around how to get the url link of the streaming video. I can perhaps view source?
also are their templates I can use where I can just change the url ? I am brand new to python
Pipcan has a My first Addon template in his Repo.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

[Image: nansig_arb.png]
Is the pipcan repo still available? Cant seem to find it anywhere.
I got the My Kodi from another source but nothing happens when its installed..
Check the development section of this forum. There's a link tot he starter addon in one of his threads.

[Image: nansig_arb.png]
(02-06-2016, 05:39 PM)andrewrb link Wrote: Check the development section of this forum. There's a link tot he starter addon in one of his threads.

Thanks.
But im getting page doesnt exist so maybe the location changed or its been taken down  Sad
Im trying to create a TV Guide add on.
Could someone give me some more info.
I created a xml file with zap2it. But only allowed 200 channels.
Going to need some more info to go on, are you looking to create a new TV guide addon from scratch or fork an existing one?

EPG addons can be quite complex. From personal experience I can tell you it takes a lot of time and dedication to understand what a lot of the code is doing should you go down the fork route. Similarly if you want all the latest features then creating your own from scratch will also take many months to complete.

I'd probably start by creating a basic plugin where you just display what's currently playing on each channel. Once you have that mastered you could look into showing what's on that channel later via the context menu maybe. Once you've got that you've got the very basics up and running and can then look into adding more advanced stuff like a proper skinned up gui.

As I say you have options which route you want to go but if I were to do it again I'd probably just start from scratch as loads of the original base code for tvp needed to be rewritten anyway.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk
WANT EARLY DEVELOPMENT RELEASE ACCESS?
All users who've helped out with a donation can now gain early access to the
latest test versions of add-ons, often weeks or months ahead of the public stable releases.

[Image: 11i3ihd.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Create Your Own Repository whufclee 45 12,782 05-08-2017, 09:41 AM
Last Post: whufclee
  Addon Dev. Youtube links Man Cave 2 126 05-07-2017, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Man Cave
  Video Addon Help!! TheGrid 9 275 05-07-2017, 10:23 AM
Last Post: TheGrid
  [Addon Dev help] need help with Scraper tdbnz 14 987 03-09-2017, 06:13 AM
Last Post: Kiwi_man82
  Addon DEV Help tdbnz 5 452 02-13-2017, 09:35 AM
Last Post: tdbnz
  How to get control back after running an addon bigoldboy 1 269 02-09-2017, 02:20 AM
Last Post: mydraal
  Delete remove addon kodiuser 6 671 02-09-2017, 12:58 AM
Last Post: Derrick Stanfield
  How to make Trakt read my addon movies? Shadrach 1 315 01-26-2017, 09:50 PM
Last Post: Ryan Isbell
  disable uninstall for my addon james739 10 1,046 01-21-2017, 07:39 PM
Last Post: james739
  activating external addon within my script james739 5 686 12-26-2016, 09:23 PM
Last Post: james739