Sponsored Links:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIRST RELEASE PLANNED FOR XBOX!!! A Special Treat For The ORIGINAL XBMC Users
I've spent the past few months making big changes to the backend of the site which has resulted in not only the changes you can see on the site but many other big changes in database structures and other things not seen by the end users. This has been done in preparation of a new super addon - the new version of Total Installer. This is going to be much more than just an installer, full details will come over the coming weeks but here's the great news for you Xbox users...

Although pretty much every other developer out there has all but given up on the old girl I'm now dedicating all my coding time to getting the new Total Installer working on Xbox. You guys will have the first release of the new addon before anyone else - I anticipate this to be the biggest addon release this year and MANY months have gone into sorting out all the backend code required so I've now just got to code up the addon. This could take days, it could take weeks - sorry really can't give you a better time frame than that but rest assured I'm working hard on it and will update you all as and when I have more info Smile

By the end of today I hope to have the new web form ready where you can easily update the status of addons (including Xbox compatibliity), mark as broken, add notes, video guides and even add your own addons to the portal. Details of that will be in another thread as soon as I've sorted out a few little bugs.
WANT EARLY DEVELOPMENT RELEASE ACCESS?
All users who've helped out with a donation can now gain early access to the
latest test versions of add-ons, often weeks or months ahead of the public stable releases.

[Image: 11i3ihd.jpg]
Sponsored Links:
This sounds awesome whufclee, i cant wait to see this release and start testing. Ive got the emulators sorted in the download portal now so once this is released just gimme a heads up of whats required and i'll crack to it Smile
Always here to help members with xbmc4xbox
related issues. Also testing current xbox plugin compatibility
[Image: s_zpsarhdba5s.jpg]
@Keith, great hint at what your plans are, i admire your ambitions.

great news all around. I do hope that for Xbox, a way to download and install extras like skins, emulators and other programs can be integrated over time . of course that could get out of hand quickly, but it would be nice for patching the newest madmab emulator updates, for example
@lugdor - cheers mate looks to be a fair bit of work ahead but that's nothing new in the xbox game lol I know its not what your talking about but we already have stuff added specifically for the xbox to the download portal Ive just added the last of the emulators to it Smile

Have a look if you haven't already seen it - HERE

As far as emulators go tbh i didn't know some of them were still being updated ( i knew some of the mame ones were but this is usually to allow playing of specific games coded differently from the main set) Ive had my emulators for years with no problems (and them include cheats, artwork, boxart and preview vids) lol

yes they are. FBL, MAME, NDS, all Madmab emulators, Surreal64, and related Xtras for them are currently being regularly released.

all at one excellent site http://emuxtras.net

of note to any passers-by, pcsxbox v22 betas are available for download and general consumption Smile currently v22b5 uploaded April 1st by Madmab
Cheers for the info i'll keep an eye out for some major releases such as the new Nintendo ds emulator that's out. i didn't know new ones were being made just that older ones were being updated so that's a plus Smile

The one good thing about them being these versions atm is that i can give a fairly decent help to anyone using them as most of these versions are on my xboxs and used frequently. However im looking forward into seeing if we can indeed implement updates too Smile

I had toyed with the idea of posting other betas and emulators that wernt finished such as the Sega Saturn emulator Yabause i think it was. But in the end i stayed away from them as i thought they would have bugs and therefor cause more problems than their worth.

This is excellent. I may be pretty new to Xbox forums but like you guys, I feel the Xbox is a diamond, something so useful after all these
years. Good times ahead thanks to YOU!
I been pulling my hair out trying to test which addon work for the old XBOX.  This is a god send.  It would be awesome to have a Total Installer for the XBOX.  If we can help test different plugins, please let us know how to do it and we will do our best to contribute.

Like others, I feel the old XBOX still got a lot of juice left.  It would be good we can squeeze more use out of it vs. letting it sitting in the corner collecting dust.

Thanks again for putting this together!
Thanks, you can already test and mark up as broken/working for Xbox on the add-on portal. Just make sure you add in the notes why it's broken or at what point it fails.
WANT EARLY DEVELOPMENT RELEASE ACCESS?
All users who've helped out with a donation can now gain early access to the
latest test versions of add-ons, often weeks or months ahead of the public stable releases.

[Image: 11i3ihd.jpg]
sorry mate real life issues have kept me busy recently but i haven't forgotten and will be back to adding more notes to the addons in regards to the xbox very soon

For everyone else as always im about if needed and if you require a specific plugin tested just give me a shout and i'll add a test that plugin specifically for the xbox Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [RELEASE] YouTube (new for xbox) sixties keith 3 130 01-13-2017, 11:37 AM
Last Post: whufclee
  [BETA RELEASE] Community Portal 4Xbox whufclee 72 5,458 10-12-2016, 02:01 PM
Last Post: lugdor
  [SCRIPT RELEASE] YouTube Addon for xbox sixties keith 0 381 08-10-2016, 09:20 AM
Last Post: sixties keith
  Test Release from TotalInstaller4Xbox (xbmc4xbox) sixties keith 12 3,306 11-11-2015, 07:10 PM
  Xbox compatible... not working with xbox? Caiterz 9 1,005 04-08-2015, 06:28 AM
  Xbox specific addons Bigkidoz 14 2,138 10-22-2014, 04:02 PM
  Where to download all the packages for XBMC 3.5 Beta 4? wchusky 3 1,837 08-06-2014, 08:14 PM
Last Post: wchusky
  release movie25faster skatulskijean 0 3,629 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: