Sponsored Links:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is ISO transfer restricted on xbmc4xbox?
Ever since I started using xbmc4xbox (as opposed to the older xbmc versions) I haven't been able to use Qwix (or any other iso tools like xISO) to transfer ISOs across. FTP access is fine for music/videos but it just hangs if I try transferring an ISO file.
But if I put another launcher in place, it works fine - I don't really mind faffing with launchers occasionally, but I'd prefer to not have to.

Can anyone explain?
Sponsored Links:
Can't say I've tried copying over an ISO file for quite a few years so I'm not going to be much use there, sorry. Hopefully SixtiesKeith may know but if not you may be better off asking on the official xbmc4xbox.org.uk forum where BuZz (the developer) will be able to help. If you do find out please do update us Smile
WANT EARLY DEVELOPMENT RELEASE ACCESS?
All users who've helped out with a donation can now gain early access to the
latest test versions of add-ons, often weeks or months ahead of the public stable releases.

[Image: 11i3ihd.jpg]
Ive transferred game ISO files with little effort but to be fair it was a long time ago. i assume you using this for games. I use gxiso which is a great program but for whatever reason the included ftp program is crap and fails on a fair few transfers.

I usually use the program to break up the game and once completed use my ftp program of choice (filezilla) to transfer it across. Done this with about 25 games so far each are working great Smile

Luckily Ive already posted it on the forum so have a look and hopefully this helps you out - link to gxiso program : HERE 
Always here to help members with xbmc4xbox
related issues. Also testing current xbox plugin compatibility
[Image: s_zpsarhdba5s.jpg]
(04-13-2015, 08:09 AM)sixties keith link Wrote: Ive transferred game ISO files with little effort but to be fair it was a long time ago. i assume you using this for games. I use gxiso which is a great program but for whatever reason the included ftp program is crap and fails on a fair few transfers.

I usually use the program to break up the game and once completed use my ftp program of choice (filezilla) to transfer it across. Done this with about 25 games so far each are working great Smile

Luckily Ive already posted it on the forum so have a look and hopefully this helps you out - link to gxiso program : HERE

Yeah, it's for games. Qwix/xISO have never failed me (and they still work fine on other launchers) but ever since xbmc became xbmc4xbox they haven't worked. I've posted a question on xbmc4xbox.org anyway to see if I can get an answer Smile
Weird tbh mate but alot of people say not to transfer stuff via ftp to xbmc while that xbmc is running. Some people use avalaunch or an alternate dashboard like unleash x and Ive even heard some people use the dvd2xbox program.

I personally dont bother myself it might transfer abit slower but i still transfer with my xbmc running and so far have had no problems however as i say some of those included packaged ftp apps inside those computer programs arn't half as good as standalone ones such as filezilla. i highly suggest just using that gxiso program to split the files then transfer with another ftp program takes little times and always works Smile

as always im about to help so if you need any advice or pointers just give me a shout Smile
Always here to help members with xbmc4xbox
related issues. Also testing current xbox plugin compatibility
[Image: s_zpsarhdba5s.jpg]
I use UnleashX for large transfers, and XBMC only if it is a few files or under a couple hundred MB.

I have transferred ISO with both no problem. but like Keith i normally just extract the files from the game xISO before putting it on the Xbox. some games are over the 4GB filesize limit of the fatX filesystem. maybe it is your problem in this case
(04-13-2015, 12:19 PM)lugdor link Wrote: I use UnleashX for large transfers, and XBMC only if it is a few files or under a couple hundred MB.

I have transferred ISO with both no problem. but like Keith i normally just extract the files from the game xISO before putting it on the Xbox. some games are over the 4GB filesize limit of the fatX filesystem. maybe it is your problem in this case

I don't normally notice much difference in speed, but they weren't big games.
I just like using Qwix/xISO mainly because I don't have to extract the files first Wink

According to xbmc4xbox.org it isn't a new problem, but it isn't an intentional block on ISO transfers either!
strange indeed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Test Release from TotalInstaller4Xbox (xbmc4xbox) sixties keith 12 3,215 11-11-2015, 07:10 PM
Last Post: whufclee
  vote for adapting addons that since not compatible on xbmc4xbox or works bad skatulskijean 8 1,892 12-14-2014, 10:59 AM
Last Post: sixties keith
  1Channel XBMC4XBOX Androxilogin 2 962 08-30-2014, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Androxilogin
  Post XBMC4Xbox Addon Compatibility Results Here whufclee 1 3,539 08-29-2014, 09:43 AM
Last Post: whufclee
  Script Failed on plugins XBMC4XBOX Aussieold 3 1,134 08-27-2014, 03:14 PM
Last Post: sixties keith
  XBMC4Xbox Installer markybhoy75 13 2,573 07-11-2014, 01:43 PM
Last Post: markybhoy75