Sponsored Links:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test Release from TotalInstaller4Xbox (xbmc4xbox)
This thread will act as a placeholder for related posts and problems with the installer until such times as it has its own section and is out of the testing phase.

I know a few users on the forum had asked me about the new installer and were finding it hard to locate as it was not in the xbox section so here it is.

Many, many thanks goes to skatulskijean who's hard work made this all possible. Please also note this is a work in progress so expect some bugs until the full release.

Installation - simply download the zip file and upload via ftp to a handy location for yourself you will remember ( i usually use E / Apps / XBMC / Plugins )

Once you have uploaded the file, go to the addons4xbox installer and hit the install from zip option and navigate to where you just uploaded the totalinstaller4xbox to and install.

Once it completes, you will find your new totalinstaller4xbox in the programs / plugins folder on the xbox.

Change-log and original post - HERE

Download link - HERE
Always here to help members with xbmc4xbox
related issues. Also testing current xbox plugin compatibility
[Image: s_zpsarhdba5s.jpg]
Sponsored Links:

This is looking great chaps top well done to all involved.

i installed icefilms from TI4Xbox and it throws up a script error.

Icefilms asks if i want to install a 2mb meta file if i click yes i get an error.

if i click no its fine.

After that i clicked the top link in all the menus which took me to Allo Allo S01E01 which also comes up an error.

i posted the following log after this.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=340611

Marky

Ps  here is the instructions on how to upload a log for anyone who wants to help out.

Quote:Debug Logs
It's virtually impossible to help without a debug log. If something with XBMC4XBox isn't working as it should, then you need to provide a log file for us to help. First of all, go to Settings > System > Debugging and enable debugging. reboot the xbox, and reproduce the problem you are having. You can then ftp your debug log off your xbox.

Log Files -
* Q:\xbmc.log - This is the log file of most recent (or currently running) XBMC4XBox session.
* Q:\xbmc.old.log - This is the log file from the last XBMC4XBox session. If XBMC4XBox crashes AND you have restarted it before viewing the log, this is the one you want.

Once you have the debug log - do not paste it directly on the forum. Instead use a site such as http://www.xbmclogs.com/, http://pastebin.com or http://pastebin.ca. Simply visit one of these sites, paste or upload your complete log and hit submit. After a few seconds you'll have a nice short URL to paste in your post. Be sure to select an appropriate time to keep your paste around when submitting!

(11-04-2014, 01:45 PM)markybhoy75 link Wrote: This is looking great chaps top well done to all involved.

i installed icefilms from TI4Xbox and it throws up a script error.

Icefilms asks if i want to install a 2mb meta file if i click yes i get an error.

if i click no its fine.

After that i clicked the top link in all the menus which took me to Allo Allo S01E01 which also comes up an error.

i posted the following log after this.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=340611

Marky

Ps  here is the instructions on how to upload a log for anyone who wants to help out.

Quote:Debug Logs
It's virtually impossible to help without a debug log. If something with XBMC4XBox isn't working as it should, then you need to provide a log file for us to help. First of all, go to Settings > System > Debugging and enable debugging. reboot the xbox, and reproduce the problem you are having. You can then ftp your debug log off your xbox.

Log Files -
* Q:\xbmc.log - This is the log file of most recent (or currently running) XBMC4XBox session.
* Q:\xbmc.old.log - This is the log file from the last XBMC4XBox session. If XBMC4XBox crashes AND you have restarted it before viewing the log, this is the one you want.

Once you have the debug log - do not paste it directly on the forum. Instead use a site such as http://www.xbmclogs.com/, http://pastebin.com or http://pastebin.ca. Simply visit one of these sites, paste or upload your complete log and hit submit. After a few seconds you'll have a nice short URL to paste in your post. Be sure to select an appropriate time to keep your paste around when submitting!

Hi!

This is a Testrelease  from the TOTALXBMCINSTALLER4Xbox from me.
And momently i want not a report that Addon xyz not works when it is a Bug from the Addon Self!

On the Xbox Repo since momenly on old Time adapted addons from me what i have for the xbmc4xbox site repo adapted.
Most versions since outdated and most since added (not from me) what not works nice.

I think this complete Week i work on the Installer (I have many new Futures added) and Release Than the stable Version 1.0.0 .

Then switch i to the Repo and update ,change and add addons so that we have a nice base.
I wait that Byron the Skinrepo filled so that i than integrat the skinrepo to so you can easy xbox compatible Skins download and Install to.

This Installer is with future Version The ultimate Tool and Installer for xbmc4xbox (we want then nomore the xbmc4xboxInstaller or other addons) better as it the TotalXBMCINSTALLER ON MAIN XBMC IS.

Regards Jan

What i want is help to creating Thumbnails for the Addon and on the Translation for differend Languages Like Spain ,France,Italy and more.
Ok Jan cheers for that.

its looking great so far .

good work  :hello2:
sorry jan, my bad it was me that put this placeholder thread up as i thought it would be handy for testing. Anything in particular you need tested before the full release?

Ive downloaded a few things and most stuff works and fairly quickly too Smile
(11-04-2014, 02:40 PM)markybhoy75 link Wrote: Ok Jan cheers for that.

its looking great so far .

good work  :hello2:

Thanks for the kindly word.

And Sorry ,momently i am only intressed became the TOTALXBMCINSTALEER ToThat what i will have.

But the next Time I look on all the Addons Problems .

To Icefilms .
Icefilms using Storageserver over commoncache over sqlite like the others Addons what the Storageserver use .
We on the Xbox have not the same we have only the Option to Run this Addons over a emulated Storageserver (Storageserverdummy).
What will nothings bring only that the addons since when the Sorageserverdummy works usable on Xbmc4XBOx to.

On the old Times as i the main-xbmc Icefilms addons first usable make on xbmc4xbox .
I have use a storageserver what was not emulated but like the techical limitation on the xbox was  it only usable on one Addon (Icefilms).
The Error on The Log com from the cache db.

More can i momently not say.

Regards Jan

(11-04-2014, 08:33 PM)sixties keith link Wrote: sorry jan, my bad it was me that put this placeholder thread up as i thought it would be handy for testing. Anything in particular you need tested before the full release?

Ive downloaded a few things and most stuff works and fairly quickly too Smile

Is all ok my friend.

The Problem by testing is the user must understand whar the Log Say.
And only effectiv tesing can you when you delete all scriptmodule what you have on your Build so that only the standart Scriptmodule since accessable.
You must delet the Addons Folder Lovcated on Home when you it have .
And all Addons deleted .When you than Install a addon and the install its works you must for the next test all the scriptmodule and the addons what since intalled delet
again delete .Make a restart and Test fresh the  Installation from the Next addon.The all again cleanupand test the next.

To testing is not is a addon complete working.#
to testing its that it no import error give.
All scriptmodule what the addon and the dependencies from the addon will have must the Installer Install.

Recursive dependencies .#
Best you see it when You install a addon what the urlresolver wants .
It Installs the dependencies from the urlresolver to what since ,simplejson ,tommo.common,plugin.video .Youtube.
that Youtube addon have the nexte dependencies what the addon than must install to like commoncache,parsedom simpledownloader and more.

And that is what we must test.
A simple Addon with urlresolcver have many Dependencies from the urlresolver and the dependencies having to dependencies a addon (youtube) and the addon have dependencies to and the dependencieys from the addon can have dependencies.

So the only option to test its addon for addon with ever a clean all up before you test the next addon..

Make the same Addon for main xbmc is verry simple.

than i clean that all of and bringing with the Installer all in the right order for the xbox.
video addon to videos ,audio addons to music, scripts to script ,scriptmodules to modules scriptmodules as excample
and then it  rename the addon.py what we can not use to start a addon to default.py and the icon.png to default.tbn.
And clean the xbox from all the zips what we have downloaded to install one Addon.

So i think it's not a option for users to test. this all .

The install on the video section giving only one error and that error come from the website self the it is no link to a url located .
that is the most problem from the Main-xbmc Installer to.
But i implement error handling for this so that the user can understand why this addon is not intallable.

Whe you will help than make the thumbnails for that Categories what i want for the Addon or write the readme for the install from xbmc4xbox build s over the installer.

The Next Version have a one board Logviewer what when a error is only the last error make aviabler on the screen.
She will have a urlresolver updater .that look for the newest Vesion and install it when the installation on the xbox is older and make the main- scriptmodule full compatible to xbox (vimeo and youtube urlresolver plugins , what only start the addons to play a stream like from youtube but this code works not on the same way on xbmc4xbox) so when the urlresolver updater install a urlresolver update i clean this issue  on this Time)
The Install will have Install from .zip (_located on the xbox harddrive) asnd for all this new funktion i want icons.

Regards Jan

nps jan, sorry i sort misunderstood what you were saying.

I thought it would have been handy to upload this log for you to look at as icefiles failed straight away ( i know the stuff isnt updated until the full release) but unlike this one, manually installing icefiles DOES work at least for the tv shows section mentioned in another thread.

So was just wondering why this gives a script failed straight away and the other does not. Just waited to point it out to you incase it was a problem with the installer, now i see its not that is great.

Once the full release for the installer is out, is this when we will be doing plugin testing? i do not know alot about the logs but im always willing to have a go and know to look out for missing or broken url errors and missing script modules.

As for the guide on updating build's via the totalinstaller4xbox that's no problem at all, i will get it written up today mate. Many thanks for your hard work and looking forward to the full release of the xbox installer.

p.s once the full release is out i will get a proper section put up for it rather than working from a single thread.

(11-05-2014, 10:32 AM)sixties keith link Wrote: nps jan, sorry i sort misunderstood what you were saying.

I thought it would have been handy to upload this log for you to look at as icefiles failed straight away ( i know the stuff isnt updated until the full release) but unlike this one, manually installing icefiles DOES work at least for the tv shows section mentioned in another thread.

So was just wondering why this gives a script failed straight away and the other does not. Just waited to point it out to you incase it was a problem with the installer, now i see its not that is great.

Once the full release for the installer is out, is this when we will be doing plugin testing? i do not know alot about the logs but im always willing to have a go and know to look out for missing or broken url errors and missing script modules.

As for the guide on updating build's via the totalinstaller4xbox that's no problem at all, i will get it written up today mate. Many thanks for your hard work and looking forward to the full release of the xbox installer.

p.s once the full release is out i will get a proper section put up for it rather than working from a single thread.

You Wrote:

Once the full release for the installer is out, is this when we will be doing plugin testing?

Answhere:

Yes and no !
The Installer is than on Stage  version 0.0.2:
I will ever go back to the Installer and add new Ideas.
But Yes ,but you must understand That what you test and works over a Install with the Installer , not works when the user the addon manual installed.
So i think we want to write the Addon is compatible when you it install over the Totalxbmc4xbox Installer.
So think iT#S momently a Lot whast is compatible only when you use The Installer:
All xbmcswift2 Addons
All Addons what will have The Folder addons and packages
All Addons what use xbmcvfsFile
The Urlresolver is with the next Version only full compatible when you it installs over the TOTALXBMCINSTALLER (and only then ever uptodate)

On the Plan for the next Versions i make all addons what a Plugin to access the Streams have (like the Youtube addon )  by the install from the addon compatible and that its to only working when the users Install the Addon over the Installer.
This Fix a lot addons to make it usable on the xbox to.

So we can only write the plugin is compatible by using to install the TOTALXBMCINSTALLER4xbox.

then we have no more many to test .

But the next Developers what come to main xbmc and what use the newer python api .

A simple search on the addon will not work .
Then we have the funktion what is new and better to open a Keyboard on this way on the screen not on the xbmc4xboxsources.

so its a running like i have you but i have you never.

then we can sort out what is on the repo what is as xbmc4xbox addon declared and want we it on the repo or is the main xbmcaddon by install over the TOTALXBMCINSTALLER4xbox compatible.

i will add addons developed from me what since lighter and faster works like the blowed up mainxbmc addons to the xbmc4xbox repo.
Like Movie25.,Primeshare ,my Burningseries addon,As sportsaddon StadiumLive.biz and reactivate my streamallthis addon and more.

I will that the user from the installer can post the log from the addon what  not works and only the relevant pasages .
its where nice when the chat where avaiable on the installer to so that when she have a problem she login on the xbox to the chat can ask other user to  solve the Problem.

And we want a other Text what pop up when we a addon Installs not with so many from the Kodi user base this have never xbmc4xbox help a lot .
We since the Roots from xbmc and not mainxbmc or the bubble gum kodi.

To the Logs and the Better understanding i write a Tutorial then to update addons for xbmc4xbox so the user can easy understand what a addon want to fix to make it compatible.

I think i have not all say but ok for this moment.

hi jan that is great mate, i know what you mean in regards to the plugins and keeping the ones made specifically for xbmc4xbox as apposed to the mainline xbmc ones we want to use on xbox.

As for the addons themselves and the fact they may not work when manually installed, that is fine. Once the full installer is released (out of testing) i will do i write up on how this is now the default way to download xbmc plugins and all other ways are now obsolete Smile

Also any addon testing from then on will only be dealt with through the totalinstaller4xbox.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [RELEASE] YouTube (new for xbox) sixties keith 3 209 01-13-2017, 11:37 AM
Last Post: whufclee
  [BETA RELEASE] Community Portal 4Xbox whufclee 72 6,441 10-12-2016, 02:01 PM
Last Post: lugdor
  [SCRIPT RELEASE] YouTube Addon for xbox sixties keith 0 440 08-10-2016, 09:20 AM
Last Post: sixties keith
  FIRST RELEASE PLANNED FOR XBOX!!! A Special Treat For The ORIGINAL XBMC Users whufclee 9 1,288 05-14-2015, 08:57 AM
  Is ISO transfer restricted on xbmc4xbox? xanderten50 7 776 04-13-2015, 02:41 PM
Last Post: lugdor
  vote for adapting addons that since not compatible on xbmc4xbox or works bad skatulskijean 8 2,056 12-14-2014, 10:59 AM
  1Channel XBMC4XBOX Androxilogin 2 1,064 08-30-2014, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Androxilogin
  Post XBMC4Xbox Addon Compatibility Results Here whufclee 1 3,659 08-29-2014, 09:43 AM
Last Post: whufclee
  Script Failed on plugins XBMC4XBOX Aussieold 3 1,242 08-27-2014, 03:14 PM
  XBMC4Xbox Installer markybhoy75 13 2,881 07-11-2014, 01:43 PM
Last Post: markybhoy75