Sponsored Links:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dependencies Not Met (Incompatible)
You may come across a problem whereby XBMC says something is incompatible when you try and install via the relevant repository (shown below)

[Image: 2iqigw8.png]

What does this mean?
The addon has details stored in a text file called addon.xml and this tells XBMC what's required for the addon to work. When you see this message there's a good chance the addon does actually still work just fine but the developer hasn't got around to updating the text file. A good example is when Gotham came out the version of xbmc.python being used in that build was 2.1.0, however the previous version of XBMC used v.2.0 and unless the developer edited their addon.xml to show the new version number it would be marked as incompatible. It's a very simple fix and anyone can do it, you just open the addon.xml in a text editor and change 2.0 to 2.1.0. Fortunately the Total Installer will allow you to install these addons that are marked as incompatible, there's no guarantee they will work but if it's something simple that's made them incompatible like I just mentioned then there's a good chance they will work just fine.
WANT TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION?
A thank you is really all that's needed but if you want to buy me a drink then who am I to argue!

[Image: 11i3ihd.jpg]
Sponsored Links:
Many addons are actually fully functional with XBMC Gotham but they show as incompatible, this is usually down to a few simple edits that need to be made in the addon.xml file. The problem normally arises in the “requires” section of the file. This tells XBMC what’s needed for the addon to work but if the version numbers in here are incorrect the addon will refuse to install, usually the fix is very small and quite often it’s the line that mentions “xbmc.python” that has to be changed to version 2.1.0. It may be there are other things in the requires section that have an outdated version number so just do a search in our addons portal to find out what the latest version number everything has.

Please create a new topic with the addon name as the title and post any known fixes, we can then add them to the addons portal so if there’s any known fixes in the database it will show a download link. This will mean you have to manually copy the new addon.xml directly to your addons folder but it’s a fix!

To find the addon.xml file simply install the relevant addon via Total Installer and then navigate to your addons folder, in here you'll find all your addons and once you enter the relevant folder for your addon (e.g. Total Installer would be plugin.program.totalinstaller) you'll see the addon.xml file. Different devices have different locations for the hidden XBMC folder (which is where the addons folder is located), view the official wiki page here which explains where it's located - just replace the "userdata" path on the end with "addons".

Below is an example of a fix so please follow this format when submitting new fixes…

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="plugin.audio.kuwobox"
    name="酷我音乐盒(KuwoBox)"
    version="1.1.3"
    provider-name="Robinttt, D744000, Gotham dependencies fixed by whufclee">
    <requires>
        <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>
    </requires>
    <extension point="xbmc.python.pluginsource"
        library="default.py">
        <provides>audio</provides>
    </extension>
    <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
        <summary>KuwoBox audio plugin</summary>
        <summary lang="zh">酷我音乐盒音乐插件</summary>
        <description>KuwoBox audio plugin</description>
        <description lang="zh">酷我音乐盒在线音乐</description>
        <platform>all</platform>
    </extension>
</addon>
A thank you is really all that's needed but if you want to buy me a drink then who am I to argue!

sorry for the noob Q but exactly how do you open the addon.xml in a text editor. there are alot of repos that show incompatible but bluecop inparticular is one i would like to get up and working. thanks for any help
1) Download the addon from the Addon Portal on this site
2) Extract the files to a folder on your PC
3) Download and install Notepad++ (don't use the standard notepad app that comes with Windows, it's rubbish)
4) Go to wherever you extracted the files and right click on addon.xml then "Open with..." and select notepad++

Once done you can just save it, zip it back up and try installing via zip. Don't forget to install the relevant repo on your system too otherwise you won't get any future updates.
If you do edit any addon.xml files can you please share with us so we can include them in the Total Installer, I'd like to have an option where users can download a Gotham fix if one has been made Smile

I think it would help noobs such as myself, if when you talk about a specific file you could please give the complete path. This info would probably be most helpful to average PC users.
Thanks, good call I've just updated the first post. I'm actually adding something to Total Installer which should get around this problem but useful to have this info here anyway for manual fixes.

Hi.
I want to made this addon to python 2.1.0
Can someone tell me where to put the 2.1.0 texts in :icon_scratch:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="repository.googlecode.repothn" name="repothn" version="1.1.4" provider-name="THN - Twitter @KaptajnGuldkorn - http://www.vandtasi.net">
<extension point="xbmc.addon.repository" name="THNs Add-on Repository">
<info compressed="true">http://repothn.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/addons/addons.xml</info>
<checksum>http://repothn.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/addons/addons.xml.md5</checksum>
<datadir zip="false">http://repothn.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/addons</datadir>
</extension>
<summary>Dette er et XBMC-addon til youtube nørderne. Gir f.eks adgang til livingsmarttv.dk, SoEinDing og mange andre videoer</summary>
<description>Dette repo. indeholder livingsmarttv, SoEinDing og Ashens youtube addons og nogle andre spændende sager</description>
<platform>all</platform>
</extension>
</addon>

Thanks.
That is a repository addon.xml and that doesn't need changing, that will work on all versions of XBMC. If that repository contains addons that are incompatible then you need to download the actual addons (not the repository) and edit the addon.xml file in there.

Hi again.
I try this,but it is not working Sad

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<addon id="addon.video.livingsmarttvdk"
version="0.0.6.7"
name="LivingSmartTV.dk"
provider-name="THN [@kaptajnguldkorn Twitter]">
<requires>
<import addon="xbmc.python" version=“2.1.0”/>
</requires>
<extension point="xbmc.python.pluginsource" library="addon.py">
<provides>video</provides>
</extension>
<platform>all</platform>
<summary lang="en">Series, videos and more from Kenneth WedMore Lund, LivingSmartTv.dk</summary>
<summary lang="da">Udsendelser, video og mere fra Kenneth WedMore Lund, LivingSmartTv.dk</summary>
<description lang="en">Livingsmarttv.dk is overall video platform for all sites belonging to Kenneth WedMore Lund, Copyright 2012. Feel free visiting the author of the videos webpage at http://www.livingsmarttv.dk. In order to play the videos, you will be forced to download the youtube plugin. This plugin have been brought to you by the power of free will. If you want to help, making it better, feel free contacting me.</description>
<description lang="da">Livingsmarttv.dk er overordnet videoplatform for alle sites tilhørende Kenneth WedMore Lund, Copyright 2012. Du kan besøge hjemmesiden på http://http://www.livingsmarttv.dk. Al video bliver hentet via youtube, du vil derfor også blive bedt om, at hente youtube's tilføjelse. Dette plugin er lavet af fri vilje, hvis du vil hjælpe, så skriv til mig på Twitter.</description>
<disclaimer lang="en">All content belongs to YouTube and the owner. Please notice, that all content can be removed at any given time.</disclaimer>
        <disclaimer lang="da">Alt indhold tilhører YouTube og Uploaderen. Alt indhold kan blive fjernet uden varsel. </disclaimer>
<license>GPL 2.0</license>
</extension>
</addon>
Looks ok, what's happening? If you made the edits whilst XBMC is running you'll need to reboot for it to take effect,

Whether or not this addon is in a working state I have no idea but it looks as though you should have fixed the dependency error.

If the addon isn't working can you please let me know and I'll mark it as broken on the Addon Portal.