• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyway to password-protect a build?
Hey, I'm a total noob to this (using a build wizard), so apologies if this is a stupid question. I'm using this to avoid having to collect family/friends' devices to update their Kodi setups. Obviously, I just update the builds now that I've figured out the Aftermath wizard. The only thing I'm really wondering is if there's any way of password protecting one or multiple builds. For example, if I have a friend with adult addons and also have a nephew who can probably figure out the build wizard, I'd prefer if he can't install that build. Another example is where I'm sharing certain accounts with my parents, but extra users would screw the account up.

I'm using my own web host/domain, not sure if I can implement a solution there (as I said, I am new at this). Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Oh, and P.S. I really appreciate the Aftermath Wizard, has really made my life much easier as the only tech in the village.
I don't know if you can password a build at all..
But in the autobuild. Txt if you put YES in adult I believe it won't show up in the wizard until you tell it to in the settings
Also if you put TEST in the name of the build in the autobuild.Text that also won't show up until you tick the developer mode in the settings.. This is all I can think of.. Hope this helps you a bit
Thanks for the reply.
You can always lock up the actual build itself by setting a password to access its system settings. You could set up the build with a specific adult menu and submenus, but disable that menu by default. Then set a password for accessing the build's settings. By doing this, only someone with the password would be able to enter the skin settings and enable the adult menu. You could also create a separate adult profile within the build and password-protect it.
(08-08-2017, 09:48 PM)lonegreyride Wrote: Hey, I'm a total noob to this (using a build wizard), so apologies if this is a stupid question. I'm using this to avoid having to collect family/friends' devices to update their Kodi setups. Obviously, I just update the builds now that I've figured out the Aftermath wizard. The only thing I'm really wondering is if there's any way of password protecting one or multiple builds. For example, if I have a friend with adult addons and also have a nephew who can probably figure out the build wizard, I'd prefer if he can't install that build. Another example is where I'm sharing certain accounts with my parents, but extra users would screw the account up.

I'm using my own web host/domain, not sure if I can implement a solution there (as I said, I am new at this). Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Oh, and P.S. I really appreciate the Aftermath Wizard, has really made my life much easier as the only tech in the village.

As mentioned above just do this! works on most skins, if not all. 

(08-08-2017, 09:48 PM)lonegreyride Wrote: Hey, I'm a total noob to this (using a build wizard), so apologies if this is a stupid question. I'm using this to avoid having to collect family/friends' devices to update their Kodi setups. Obviously, I just update the builds now that I've figured out the Aftermath wizard. The only thing I'm really wondering is if there's any way of password protecting one or multiple builds. For example, if I have a friend with adult addons and also have a nephew who can probably figure out the build wizard, I'd prefer if he can't install that build. Another example is where I'm sharing certain accounts with my parents, but extra users would screw the account up.

Pinsentry

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Build Update Frequency MFB 1 37 12-10-2017, 02:54 PM
Last Post: bromerzz
  build issue mancity123 0 32 12-08-2017, 12:47 PM
Last Post: mancity123
  Problem during build install. log Berl 0 46 12-01-2017, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Berl
  Change build name TheKXM 2 81 08-28-2017, 04:46 PM
Last Post: TheKXM
  Install APK with build simonchunk 3 375 08-01-2017, 02:34 AM
Last Post: simonchunk
  Trakt Addon Error when installing new build using Aftermath Wizard rhoop206 1 250 06-18-2017, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Surfacingx
  Notify Build Seperately simonchunk 4 333 04-23-2017, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Surfacingx