• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions
If you have any suggestions for future updates other than what's listed below please feel free to comment.

-Caching text files
-sections for builds.txt
-ability to push minor updates
-ability to edit the advanced settings

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
[Image: nansig_surfacingx.png]
I like the option for third party wizards, but I would like to use it in a slightly different way. More like build categories. I made  seperate wizard text files. Gaming builds.txt, XXX builds.txt, Clean builds.txt, and kids builds.txt, with clean builds being the default wizard.txt. However, how its setup now it places the third party wizard.txt paths in the wizard settings in userdata. 
So I guess the suggestion would be to ask if you could possibly add the option for third party wizards to the autoconfig tool so they are coded directly into the wizard addon? 
And maybe a thumbnail option for each category (3rd party repo) would look nice?

While im at it, one more feature request: The ability to backup video librarys, (Movies and TV Shows folders in userdata) like from Specto, Salts, Metalliq, Zen. The addons that allow adding to library option.
I believe that first part would fall under the sections in builds.txt, so I'm hoping to get that coded in.

I thought about adding the keep libraries to 0.1.7 but I didn't know enough about libraries to do the coding.

(03-23-2017, 12:56 AM)Surfacingx Wrote: I believe that first part would fall under the sections in builds.txt, so I'm hoping to get that coded in.

I thought about adding the keep libraries to 0.1.7 but I didn't know enough about libraries to do the coding.

Ahh, yes, i was wondering if thats what you meant by sections, perfect.
I know the when a movie or tv show is added to library from an addon that supports it, it is stores in the userdata folder of the addon in a Movies and tv shows folders. What im not sure of is where the progress or watched info is stored. I think the myvideos.db file in the database folder stores the paths for the video sources that are setup, which i dont think i would need because i have those presetup already in the build, its more just the movies , tv shows and progress that would be convenient to save.
I'll talk to openeleq more about it later on. I don't use them personally so I'm completely lost when it comes to libraries

(03-23-2017, 01:50 AM)Surfacingx Wrote: I'll talk to openeleq more about it later on.  I don't use them personally so I'm completely lost when it comes to libraries

Everything working great so far!
Thank you, found a few bugs that I need to fix. Not sure if what I want to get into 0.1.8 will happen since I might release it alot sooner.

(03-23-2017, 02:34 AM)Surfacingx Wrote: Thank you, found a few bugs that I need to fix.  Not sure if what I want to get into 0.1.8 will happen since I might release it alot sooner.

Do what you got to do, no rush for me, cant complain one bit. 

One question, maybe a little off topic, but is it possible to install an addon and include the userdata with the installation? For example I setup linked channels in a tv guide and would like to be able to install the userdata of the addon with it where the linked channel data is stored by using the addon installer, is it possible?
No it is not since addon installer extracts to kodi/addons/. Ur best bet to include addon_data would be to create a theme, but when doing a theme backup it doesn't include addon_data, you would need to manually add it.

Maybe a small suggestion. I didnt want to call it a bug, but when you have 2 builds with the same name for different versions of Kodi the wizard gets confused. For example i have a build named Xenon. One is for 16.1 and one is for 17.1. And they are tagged correctly for the Kodi version. When I click the Xenon for 16.1, even though I am using Kodi 16.1 the wizard tells me that this version may not work on Kodi 17.1
I mean the easy fix is I just changed the name of the build in the txt file to Xenon Jarvis, and Xenon Krypton to resolve the issue.
So what im trying to say the wizard just looks at the name instead of knowing its two different builds for two different versions of Kodi. Hope im explaining it correctly. Like I said no big deal, just had to adjust the names to reflect the version of Kodi.