Sponsored Links:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[RELEASE] YouTube (new for xbox)
All credit goes to tim619 for his great work on this. im posting this here with is permiossion for our own xbox community.

Youtube for xbox

[Image: g0seg.png]

YouTube v1.0.0
(plugin.video.youtube4x)

This plugin implements the YouTube API and supports
- listing of videos by categories and sort keys
- trending videos
- channels
- search
- livestreams

All videos are limited to 360p and a listing shows 25 items. At the moment playing livestreams doesn't work although the implementation is correct and the video quality is limited correctly. I think that is an issue of x4x since on kodi everything works flawless. Also contextmenu items like Go to ChannelTitle dont work at the moment, on kodi it works too.

The code is completely rewritten and not based on the official plugin only the video url methods are ported from bromix's plugin (Thanks!).
Also the ciphering is implemented to cache the files as long as no new call is needed.

The performance of this plugin is much better than the official kodi plugin (which has some big bugs when calling the API) nonetheless sometimes the xbox crashes because it's out of ram.

For the next version I planned to implement settings, languages, locations (for now language and location is hardcoded to en-US), subtitles.

[Image: screenshot054uoozp.png]

Direct download link - HERE

Official thread, information and original download link located - HERE

Xbmc4xbox forum home - HERE
Always here to help members with xbmc4xbox
related issues. Also testing current xbox plugin compatibility
[Image: s_zpsarhdba5s.jpg]
Sponsored Links:
Nice, thanks for sharing. Wonder if the author would like to put it on a repo so it could be installed via CP4Xbox? If you're in touch with him please let him know we have an xbmc4xbox repo setup here at NaN and he's more than welcome to have access to it, it's not been updated in quite some time so I'd imagine a fair bit on there is now broken and needs marking up as such. Whilst on the subject of repos we also have an xbmc4xbox skin repo too if you know anyone that wants to commit any skins to that.
WANT EARLY DEVELOPMENT RELEASE ACCESS?
All users who've helped out with a donation can now gain early access to the
latest test versions of add-ons, often weeks or months ahead of the public stable releases.

[Image: 11i3ihd.jpg]
nps bud ive messaged the fella over at x4x forum so hopefully he gets back to me. really handy we have youtube again just too bad most plugins these days are just too processor intensive and loosing veetle on xbox was also a big blow.

still the likes of watch cartoon online and iplayer still work as well as a few good music plugins like mixclound and soundclound so not all bad Big Grin
Always here to help members with xbmc4xbox
related issues. Also testing current xbox plugin compatibility
[Image: s_zpsarhdba5s.jpg]
It's the multi-scraper ones that really kill the xbox but if you stick to add-ons that only scrape one site I think you should find a lot of them still work. If you've not yet looked you may want to take a look in the MuckyDuck repo, no idea if they work but I think someone mentioned to me a few months back that his add-ons were really good and not to CPU intensive. You'll need to make sure you add his source in filemanager though otherwise the add-ons delete themselves, afraid I don't know what it is off-hand but I'm sure a google search will quickly bring it up. Fairly sure ARB or someone posted it on here too a while back.
WANT EARLY DEVELOPMENT RELEASE ACCESS?
All users who've helped out with a donation can now gain early access to the
latest test versions of add-ons, often weeks or months ahead of the public stable releases.

[Image: 11i3ihd.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BETA RELEASE] Community Portal 4Xbox whufclee 72 7,588 10-12-2016, 02:01 PM
Last Post: lugdor
  [SCRIPT RELEASE] YouTube Addon for xbox sixties keith 0 509 08-10-2016, 09:20 AM
Last Post: sixties keith
  Test Release from TotalInstaller4Xbox (xbmc4xbox) sixties keith 12 3,755 11-11-2015, 07:10 PM
Last Post: whufclee
  FIRST RELEASE PLANNED FOR XBOX!!! A Special Treat For The ORIGINAL XBMC Users whufclee 9 1,484 05-14-2015, 08:57 AM
Last Post: sixties keith
  Xbox compatible... not working with xbox? Caiterz 9 1,185 04-08-2015, 06:28 AM
  Xbox specific addons Bigkidoz 14 2,414 10-22-2014, 04:02 PM
  release movie25faster skatulskijean 0 4,103 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  getting the 1channle app made for xbox 1channle4xbmx4xbox Kylejw55 0 1,198 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Total installer xbox compatibility sixties keith 0 440 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  BBC Iplayer broken on the xbox (after update) sixties keith 0 281 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: