Sponsored Links:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version check
I know there has been a few posts about this including my own but the security scan comes up as version check having an update. It tries to update from repository.xmbc.org. Does that even exist anymore? Also the version number says zero. Not sure if this is why it will never update.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links:
I just ran Security Shield now and it didnt tell me that Version Check needed updating.

Which repositorties do you have installed? Its possible you have one with a bad version of that addon.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
[Image: nansig_arb.png]
I removed the add-on. Do you know where I could install a good one. I believe it was from dude here but don't quote me on that

Which addon was it? Sorry I thought you were talking about version checker for Kodi?

That's the one.

The correct version of that is in the Kodi repo. To be honest though its not really needed all it does is check which version of Kodi you have and tell you if there is a higher version. Which Kodi are you currently running?

16.1. Yeah I don't need it then because mine is downloaded through the Android play store so will get notified of updates. I appreciate the information!

Same thing. I can't get rid of it. I uninstall it, it comes right back. I disable it, it comes right back. I uncheck enable, you got it, comes right back. I'd hate to have to delete a whole repo to stop it.
(10-06-2016, 09:13 PM)minnie1967 Wrote: Same thing. I can't get rid of it. I uninstall it, it comes right back. I disable it, it comes right back. I uncheck enable, you got it, comes right back. I'd hate to have to delete a whole repo to stop it.
Go to System - addons - my addons - services - Version checker - configure - untick the Enable Version Check option - click ok.
Already tried that, it comes right back. I even deleted the addon info in file manager. It comes right back if I turn it off and back on.