• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BIG Problem With Kodi Video
Looks like I really messed up this time. Used one of the Community Portal Nerd maintenance tools and deleted some add-ons that didn't work; one of which I had installed incorrectly (Mobdro) and wanted to reinstall and hopefully get to work. While there I also got rid of some other add-ons, cleaned out folders, and cleaned cache and packages. Apparently, I did something unfortunate as I suddenly received several messages referring to various things that were now broken - like confluence (I use the hybrid skin so that didn't bother me too much) and some audio db element I didn't recognize. When I then tried to activate any video - live, webcams, or on demand, I got a black screen and audio only. I then looked up a previous thread on this site and saw one that discussed this issue and showed a YouTube video on how to fix the problem. I made the change (hardware to software setting) recommended and sure enough I had video again. However, now I can't watch any video - live or on demand - without it soon stuttering to a stop and the audio chopping up so much as to be unintelligible. Needless to say this totally compromises the whole purpose for using Kodi in the first place, so I am basically dead in the water. Help PLEASE!

Unfortunately my reinstalled Mobdro add-on still doesn't work so not having a particularly good day, Kodi-wise.

From a Noob who probably shouldn't be using Nerd tools.
It may just be a coincidence as I was speaking to someone 2 days ago that has encountered the exact same issues as yourself and they hadn't changed anything. Playback just suddenly stopped working and they had to use the software encoding hack which obviously is far from ideal. Their unit was the ARNU/Armada, think it was the mach10 version.

I'm a little stumped as to what it could be but if you can do the following I might be able to see something:

1. Enable debugging in the system settings
2. Restart Kodi so we get a nice clean log to work with
3. Recreate the issue you're having with no playback (software encoding disabled)
4. Upload a log with CP and post the URL you're given in this thread so we can hopefully see what's going wrong.
IMPORTANT:
NO LOG == NO PROBLEM
Haha my ears were burning !! I will provide this log next time i fully wipe my Mach10 Wink at the moment ive got way too much on it and setup nice but when i get chance i will backup,clean wipe a re-produce with minimum use for logging mate. Thats if someone doesnt do it before i get chance.

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk
(05-02-2016, 10:03 AM)whufclee Wrote: It may just be a coincidence as I was speaking to someone 2 days ago that has encountered the exact same issues as yourself and they hadn't changed anything. Playback just suddenly stopped working and they had to use the software encoding hack which obviously is far from ideal. Their unit was the ARNU/Armada, think it was the mach10 version.

I'm a little stumped as to what it could be but if you can do the following I might be able to see something:

1. Enable debugging in the system settings
2. Restart Kodi so we get a nice clean log to work with
3. Recreate the issue you're having with no playback (software encoding disabled)
4. Upload a log with CP and post the URL you're given in this thread so we can hopefully see what's going wrong.

I think I got what you asked for, so here is the URL - http://xbmclogs.com/piuedfbfv. It's Greek to me, but I did notice that the frame rate of the Aerial America, IMAX video I tried to play (which worked perfectly before) dropped way down to around 10 fps, which is way to slow... What do you think? (I'm running a MK808B plus)
Quick update on this, i factory reset my box and loaded all my usual addons back onto the box, tested playback with hardware amlogic acceleration on and it was working perfect. Now what i did was installed a different skin and guess what !! all hardware accelerated playback failed to display images but provided sound, now i dont really want to accuse a skin of causing this problem but....... as soon as the skin was installed the problem returned !!

Can i ask what skin your using ?

Wow fortenbra..... i just had a quick look at your log but im not experienced in debugging but i did notice that you have a hell of alot of addons installed, some that are not even around anymore. Thats a huge log for someone to look through and i wish them luck

I see you're running the Hybrid skin, wouldn't have thought that would cause any problems. Not sure if it's being maintained any longer but I don't recall there ever being any issues with that particular skin.

What I would say is wow there's a real lot of stuff on there that probably shouldn't be there - lots of add-ons and as slymobi says there's probably quite a few that aren't even working any more. At a quick glance I noticed you had the tlbb installer on there and I know for a fact that's not been in use for quite some time, I mean theoretically you could adapt it and use it but not sure why anyone would bother when the same (but updated) functionality is in CP and is already in working order without any tweaks.

There are lots of things installed there that I've never heard of and a hell of a lot of them are running as services too which is a little worrying. Running as a service is not harmful if coded correctly but if any of those services have bad code in them that could be the part of your problem.

I also see you're running a very old version of Kodi (14.2 Git:2015-03-26-7cc53a9-dirty) - this is now 14 months old which is considered quite dated by Kodi standards so you may well have issues with playback due to things like librtmp which needing to be updated. Unfortunately with your setup in it's current state it's going to be very hard work trying to determine what the cause of the issue is as there are so many potential causes.

My personal advice would be to wipe your existing setup completely, install Kodi Jarvis then see if the problem persists. Jarvis works very well on most Android devices, Helix was good but is now dated and things are going to stop working, the final Isengard wasn't bad but Jarvis is very good.
If it's all good slowly add the add-ons you require (one by one) either via Community Portal or direct from the relevant repos.
This way if it starts playing up again you'll know it's got something to do with the add-on you just installed.

If you do find the cause of the problem please do let us know.
IMPORTANT:
NO LOG == NO PROBLEM
Lee, My issue was with xonfluence !! sure they are from the same dev ? mudislander. Maybe just a coincidence but like i said all was ok until the skin change. Im gonna look into it again but missus is away this wkend so im busy with my son.

(05-06-2016, 08:05 AM)slymobi Wrote: Quick update on this, i factory reset my box and loaded all my usual addons back onto the box, tested playback with hardware amlogic acceleration on and it was working perfect. Now what i did was installed a different skin and guess what !! all hardware accelerated playback failed to display images but provided sound, now i dont really want to accuse a skin of causing this problem but....... as soon as the skin was installed the problem returned !!

Can i ask what skin your using ?

Wow fortenbra..... i just had a quick look at your log but im not experienced in debugging but i did notice that you have a hell of alot of addons installed, some that are not even around anymore. Thats a huge log for someone to look through and i wish them luck

I'm using the Hybid skin which is what I learned when I first started with my device. I like multi-image backgrounds which this skin accommodates. Do you think the number and size of these images may have something to do with the slowdown? I have done away with some of the addons I wasn't using, but the performance issue remains. Thanks for your help, by the way.
Best way to test is rename your hidden kodi folder to something else, for arguments sake lets call it "kodi-orig".
Run Kodi and it will create a new folder and you'll have a brand new vanilla setup.

Test it out and see if you're still encountering the same problems, if you're not then great that means it's definitely something to do with your setup but if you still encounter issues then it's a bigger problem - most likely either the kodi version you're running or the hardware.

Slowly add the add-ons you require and do a quick test after adding each one to make sure nothing's broken and then hopefully you should be able to find the cause. Of course it could be you've installed a "build" at some point or manually copied over data from an older version of Kodi, in which case you'll want to do a fresh install anyway to rule out any conflicts.

Using this method you can always revert back to your old install by simply renaming your kodi folder to "kodi-test" and rename your "kodi-orig" back to kodi.
IMPORTANT:
NO LOG == NO PROBLEM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hi problem with amzon fire stick pauly7 1 874 01-31-2016, 04:18 PM
Last Post: norman001
  Intro Video Navigation Buttons zamacapaeo 1 782 12-26-2015, 11:04 PM
Last Post: whufclee
  Using an external video player in kodi in android stonypaul 6 10,998 04-18-2015, 07:49 AM
  Audio But No Video whufclee 9 11,878 04-02-2015, 08:02 AM
Last Post: hawkinob
  video playback wwehbk 6 2,195 01-22-2015, 10:47 PM
Last Post: hbnyyankee
  "Registry Hack" XBMC on Windows .. Video Acceleration BANDIT 0 987 09-18-2014, 06:19 AM
Last Post: BANDIT
  External Player Problem (OLD xaf builds of XBMC) zhong 3 2,432 08-11-2014, 10:33 AM
  iTunes as a video source Scooby 1 1,118 07-20-2014, 05:05 PM
Last Post: gandelf
  Missing Video Files JammyC 0 1,168 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  3x XBMC 13.1 Gotham on the same network, out of sync problem. neo4star 0 921 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: