Sponsored Links:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Audio Output
This is a very common problem and it's a very simple fix. If you're encountering this then I highly suggest watching the XBMC Basics video below which will guide you through some basics that you should familiarise yourself with when setting up XBMC. This video covers features that a lot of users are unaware of but are actually quite vital to running a smooth system.

Fix for no audio: Most likely it's that XBMC is trying to use the incorrect audio device for outputting to sound to. To fix this go into your system settings and in the audio output section you need to click on the output device until you hear a click. Each time you click on the output device section it will scroll through the devices available and as soon as you hear a click you know you've got the correct one.

Fix for no audio on some videos: The most likely scenario for this is that you've enabled an output format in the settings that isn't compatible with your speaker system. Go back into the system settings and disable the formats your device is unable to decode (DTS, AAC etc.), if you're not sure just disable all of them and then one by one re-enable so you know which ones work and which ones don't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTS1xGb6tF0
WANT TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION?
A thank you is really all that's needed but if you want to buy me a drink then who am I to argue!

[Image: 11i3ihd.jpg]
Sponsored Links:
Any comment on why no audio occurs suddenly for no reason? I like to watch the NBC News Channel via Offside Streams. Always got excellent video and audio. Suddenly no audio. Still excellent video. Have made no change to settings. Other stream from Offside work ok. Double checked all the settings and they seem ok. Turned my Raspberry Pi on/off. No effect ???
I would test the stream on the OSS site first and see if there's any issues there. Check that and if there's sound then you know it's an XBMC issue but if there's no sound on your web browser then clearly it's an OSS issue.
A thank you is really all that's needed but if you want to buy me a drink then who am I to argue!

Sound is back today! Must be just a quirk of nature
Did you accidentally sit on that mute button Wink

I have low volume audio output when I am using xbmc  on Windows 7.

I am playing mp3s from Music / add files in main xbmc menu.

How do I adjust the volume while I am playing mp3 on xbmc ?

I go back to main menu when mp3 is playing after I click Full screen.

On some device can find speaker to increase or decrease volume, but on my Laptop I can seem to find it ?

But where do you adjust audio volume here ?

Thanks

(06-10-2014, 10:18 PM)whufclee link Wrote:This is a very common problem and it's a very simple fix. If you're encountering this then I highly suggest watching the XBMC Basics video below which will guide you through some basics that you should familiarise yourself with when setting up XBMC. This video covers features that a lot of users are unaware of but are actually quite vital to running a smooth system.

Fix for no audio: Most likely it's that XBMC is trying to use the incorrect audio device for outputting to sound to. To fix this go into your system settings and in the audio output section you need to click on the output device until you hear a click. Each time you click on the output device section it will scroll through the devices available and as soon as you hear a click you know you've got the correct one.

Fix for no audio on some videos: The most likely scenario for this is that you've enabled an output format in the settings that isn't compatible with your speaker system. Go back into the system settings and disable the formats your device is unable to decode (DTS, AAC etc.), if you're not sure just disable all of them and then one by one re-enable so you know which ones work and which ones don't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTS1xGb6tF0
The plus and minus keys control the volume when using a keyboard, you can change volume with these at any point in XBMC and not just during playback. This controls XBMC volume and not the master volume which is controlled by the operating system so make sure your volume is on full when in Windows otherwise the volume will not be able to go above what you have the OS volume set as.

How do you increase or decrease volume when playing mp3 in xbmc on a tablet?

Thanks

(08-31-2014, 06:00 PM)whufclee link Wrote:The plus and minus keys control the volume when using a keyboard, you can change volume with these at any point in XBMC and not just during playback. This controls XBMC volume and not the master volume which is controlled by the operating system so make sure your volume is on full when in Windows otherwise the volume will not be able to go above what you have the OS volume set as.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Generally speaking android tablets have a physical volume button and I believe this should control the volume but if not just bring up the OSD during playback and click on the audio settings, in there you can increase/decrease the volume and even amplify it. I think some skins have coded in an on screen button for volume too.

Hi All,

Running codesnake rc3 on M8N.

Everything seems to work perfectly except for when I am trying to stream files with AAC 32000hz audio (sports digitele firstrowsports sky sports 1)

When trying this stream I get no audio.

I have tried the same streams on a rpi running openelec 5.0 and windows running kodi 14 and they work fine.

Just wondering if anybody had any idea what could cause this issue.

Thanks, madmaxamus

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Audio cutting out every few seconds Jmcnelis 0 101 05-22-2017, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Jmcnelis
  Audio up and down OptimusGREEN 2 764 10-03-2016, 10:16 PM
Last Post: OptimusGREEN
  Audio Mute Icon courtjester 5 2,298 02-09-2016, 10:34 AM
Last Post: courtjester
  Audio But No Video whufclee 0 852 02-16-2015, 07:14 AM
Last Post: whufclee
  Samsung SM-T700 and Frodo crackling audio sound zhong 0 1,061 09-08-2014, 03:16 PM
Last Post: zhong
  XBMC Audio on MX Android TV Box djliam 0 2,868 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Audio high pitch avd 0 769 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Play audio using XBMC or Kodi using Bluetooth Speakers zhong 0 4,382 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  M8 Android Box - Audio Output Device is Greyed Out fenderbender09 0 1,719 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  BEST SETTING FOR AUDIO IN KODI IF USING HDMI FROM VIDEO CARD? the14uistrue 0 593 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: