Sponsored Links:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio But No Video
If you have a problem where you can hear the audio but there's no video this could be one of two problems...

1) XBMC has the ability to switch back and forth from the video playback screen to the XBMC user interface. In theory when you click to on an item to play the screen should automatically switch to the video playback screen but there are occasions when this doesn't happen - it's very rare and this is usually down to sloppy coding from the addon developer. The fix is very simple, just press the tab key on your keyboard and it will switch to back to fullscreen. If you're not using a traditional keyboard you can go to the video menu and press left, this will bring up a hidden menu and you can choose to go fullscreen from there, depending on the skin you're using there may even be a fullscreen button on the XBMC homepage.

2) As of Gotham there are new settings relating to video decoding in the system settings. Some android units have encountered problems with playback and these settings can need tweaking, to do so go to system>video and down at the bottom click on the section that says "standard" until it changes to Expert. You will now see extra settings relating to software/hardware decoding and you may have to play around with these until you find a fix. Below is a very useful video explaining how to apply the fix:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdWo7oxu-jc

MX2 Users may need to follow this advice from rusty:
Quote:i had to leave the box in hardware accelerated and disable amcodec,libstagefright and mediacodec.
then it worked fine.
WANT EARLY DEVELOPMENT RELEASE ACCESS?
All users who've helped out with a donation can now gain early access to the
latest test versions of add-ons, often weeks or months ahead of the public stable releases.

[Image: 11i3ihd.jpg]
Sponsored Links:
as Lee knows i had this problem on an mx2 box,the above video did not sort it.
i had to leave the box in hardware accelerated and disable amcodec,libstagefright and mediacodec.
then it worked fine.
Thanks rusty, I'll add that info to the OP Smile
latest test versions of add-ons, often weeks or months ahead of the public stable releases.

I m having a similar problem with Raspberry Pi. For example if I go to BBC Two using On Tapp TV the channel opens and plays ok. If however I go to BBC Two directly from the Film On add on I get audio only. On my Mac I dont have the problem.

I have checked a number of channels on Film On on my RP and 98% have no video. I have a Film On account. Any suggestions would be appreciated
I've split this topic and created a new one as it had gone way off topic. If you're looking for the OnTapp and Filmon discussion that can now be found here

Hello mods and members, names Danielv561 nice to meet all my comrades, I had same issue with android M8 box, uninstalling the h/w accelerations is not good from afew other mods that told me, there's a file called Oman xbmc which install gotham 13.1 which also has a tweak for xbmc to work better provided from a programmer, I installed it and file worked like a charm!!!! Jus have to delete old XMBC from your apps then install new 1. I hope this will help new and current xbmc users, this is my 1st post and I'm here cus I wanna see if this site is really to help xbmc user out and yes I will gladly test forum out cus I do have a few questions to ask, thanks...
Thanks Daniel, that's very useful advice. I can confirm that I had also been recommended to use the oman build but as yet I've just not had time to play with the M8 but from what I've seen so far it looks great. I've bought an AV Receiver last week so I can test these things thoroughly but unfortunately I haven't even had time to plug it in... hopefully next week I'll be able to play with it some more Smile

Where do we get said file as it might be what i need for my box?
As I was just tidying up the forum I noticed nobody had replied to this, just to keep things updated...

The Oman 13.2 build is far better than the 13.1 (which had a few bugs) and if you've got decent firmware flashed then it runs like a champ on the M8. I'ts the best XBMC version for that chipset by a country mile - it's actually my favourite android based XBMC/Kodi release at the moment for any system, I've been running it for a few months and it's pretty flawless. You can download from Freaktab, full details and link here.

Hi.
I had this problem with both my tv sticks, MK808 and MK808B. Found a video which solved the problem:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieplaJ8LM2c
thought the video might help someone else.
Thanks.
Bob H.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BIG Problem With Kodi Video fortenbra 9 1,581 04-21-2017, 06:04 AM
Last Post: Sandy9789
  Intro Video Navigation Buttons zamacapaeo 1 642 12-26-2015, 11:04 PM
Last Post: whufclee
  Using an external video player in kodi in android stonypaul 6 10,415 04-18-2015, 07:49 AM
Last Post: whufclee
  video playback wwehbk 6 1,935 01-22-2015, 10:47 PM
Last Post: hbnyyankee
  "Registry Hack" XBMC on Windows .. Video Acceleration BANDIT 0 878 09-18-2014, 06:19 AM
Last Post: BANDIT
  iTunes as a video source Scooby 1 997 07-20-2014, 05:05 PM
Last Post: gandelf
  Missing Video Files JammyC 0 1,065 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Got audio but no picture. tony49 0 2,252 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Bug - Playing next video automatically totalxb 0 693 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Play trailer(s) while video buffers in the background Eieiohh 0 529 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: