Sponsored Links:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buffering: The cause and solution
The hdmi "buffering" is more likely a jitter problem caused by both device and tv clashing.

Try a restart with the hdmi cable already inserted. Also turn off auto detect on device and set manually.

If no luck with that then look at hw acceleration...amlogic devices prefer libstagefright...just  check that's set too

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links:
Hello all, I have been streaming live streams from an internet server with kodi 14.2 and have been able to have decent success after increasing the cache to 200 mbs on my galaxy s5 which has about 700mbs ram free. Sometimes the stream stutters and the sound cuts out. However most of the time the stream stops and buffers for about 7 seconds and resumes for a few minutes without interuption.  After pausing for 15 seconds to try to fill the catch more, when I press play the stream will play for a few seconds then stutter and catch up to the live stream. So, is there a way to increase the amount kodi buffers by itself? In other words, when the stream pauses for buffering because the internet is to slow, is there a setting that allows for increasing the percent of the cache kodi fills befor automatically pressing play? I read about increasing the fill-rate, but kodi only takes 7 seconds to buffer the 720p (supposedly, it looks alot better than sd though) , so I feel like the default ceiling of 36 mbps cannot be the problem.
(08-21-2015, 01:43 AM)victorvince2 link Wrote: Hello all, I have been streaming live streams from an internet server with kodi 14.2 and have been able to have decent success after increasing the cache to 200 mbs on my galaxy s5 which has about 700mbs ram free. Sometimes the stream stutters and the sound cuts out. However most of the time the stream stops and buffers for about 7 seconds and resumes for a few minutes without interuption.  After pausing for 15 seconds to try to fill the catch more, when I press play the stream will play for a few seconds then stutter and catch up to the live stream. So, is there a way to increase the amount kodi buffers by itself? In other words, when the stream pauses for buffering because the internet is to slow, is there a setting that allows for increasing the percent of the cache kodi fills befor automatically pressing play? I read about increasing the fill-rate, but kodi only takes 7 seconds to buffer the 720p (supposedly, it looks alot better than sd though) , so I feel like the default ceiling of 36 mbps cannot be the problem.
You need to increas the readbufferfactor too...try this at 4 initially. This helps to pull the stream faster than kodi is playing

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Also 720 is not SD, it was the first "HD" standard to come out - SD is actually 480. You'll find most good quality streams are 720, in all honesty I don't see a huge difference between 720 and 1080 unless you're using a huge TV. 1080 is certainly crisper but 720 is perfectly acceptable (for me at least) Smile.
WANT EARLY DEVELOPMENT RELEASE ACCESS?
All users who've helped out with a donation can now gain early access to the
latest test versions of add-ons, often weeks or months ahead of the public stable releases.

[Image: 11i3ihd.jpg]
SPAM

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

(09-26-2015, 06:54 PM)sattekop link Wrote: SPAM

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
Thanks for pointing it out.
[Image: nansig_arb.png]
Would following the instructions in this guide be any good or do any harm to my trmk1?

jstvbox.com/how-to-stop-buffering-on-any-xbmc-kodi/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pre buffering maddp777 5 559 07-21-2016, 08:42 AM
Last Post: maddp777
  Buffering HD on XBMC liam-909 0 1,696 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Buffering issue rainman287 0 538 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Cache/buffering mikeystipe 0 438 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: