Sponsored Links:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buffering: The cause and solution
The hdmi "buffering" is more likely a jitter problem caused by both device and tv clashing.

Try a restart with the hdmi cable already inserted. Also turn off auto detect on device and set manually.

If no luck with that then look at hw acceleration...amlogic devices prefer libstagefright...just  check that's set too

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links:
Hello all, I have been streaming live streams from an internet server with kodi 14.2 and have been able to have decent success after increasing the cache to 200 mbs on my galaxy s5 which has about 700mbs ram free. Sometimes the stream stutters and the sound cuts out. However most of the time the stream stops and buffers for about 7 seconds and resumes for a few minutes without interuption.  After pausing for 15 seconds to try to fill the catch more, when I press play the stream will play for a few seconds then stutter and catch up to the live stream. So, is there a way to increase the amount kodi buffers by itself? In other words, when the stream pauses for buffering because the internet is to slow, is there a setting that allows for increasing the percent of the cache kodi fills befor automatically pressing play? I read about increasing the fill-rate, but kodi only takes 7 seconds to buffer the 720p (supposedly, it looks alot better than sd though) , so I feel like the default ceiling of 36 mbps cannot be the problem.
(08-21-2015, 01:43 AM)victorvince2 link Wrote: Hello all, I have been streaming live streams from an internet server with kodi 14.2 and have been able to have decent success after increasing the cache to 200 mbs on my galaxy s5 which has about 700mbs ram free. Sometimes the stream stutters and the sound cuts out. However most of the time the stream stops and buffers for about 7 seconds and resumes for a few minutes without interuption.  After pausing for 15 seconds to try to fill the catch more, when I press play the stream will play for a few seconds then stutter and catch up to the live stream. So, is there a way to increase the amount kodi buffers by itself? In other words, when the stream pauses for buffering because the internet is to slow, is there a setting that allows for increasing the percent of the cache kodi fills befor automatically pressing play? I read about increasing the fill-rate, but kodi only takes 7 seconds to buffer the 720p (supposedly, it looks alot better than sd though) , so I feel like the default ceiling of 36 mbps cannot be the problem.
You need to increas the readbufferfactor too...try this at 4 initially. This helps to pull the stream faster than kodi is playing

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Also 720 is not SD, it was the first "HD" standard to come out - SD is actually 480. You'll find most good quality streams are 720, in all honesty I don't see a huge difference between 720 and 1080 unless you're using a huge TV. 1080 is certainly crisper but 720 is perfectly acceptable (for me at least) Smile.
WANT TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION?
A thank you is really all that's needed but if you want to buy me a drink then who am I to argue!

[Image: 11i3ihd.jpg]
SPAM

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

(09-26-2015, 06:54 PM)sattekop link Wrote: SPAM

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
Thanks for pointing it out.
[Image: nansig_arb.png]
Would following the instructions in this guide be any good or do any harm to my trmk1?

jstvbox.com/how-to-stop-buffering-on-any-xbmc-kodi/

Are the advanced HTML settings still relevant for Kodi 17.1 . I no longer see them in the tweaks section of community portal
Not sure what HTML settings you're referring to?

Do you mean the zero cache advancedsettings.xml file? If so then please read the first thread again as I think you may have possibly misunderstood how it works. Using zero cache can be a VERY bad idea unless you have a device you don't mind killing. It's something I'd personally use on an old Xbox because they have proper mechanical HDD's and although it will lessen the life I really don't mind as I can easily put another HDD in there. As you mentioned Kodi 17.1 I'm guessing you're not referring to an Xbox though so make sure you use with extreme caution and fully understand what's posted in that first thread.

As far as advancedsettings.xml goes I'm not aware of anything changing as of Krypton so the same settings should still work. I can't remember them ever being in Community Portal so I may be getting completely the wrong end of the stick. There was a tweaks folder on the server for the more techy brave bunch to test things out, that's still available in the "Bits & Bobs" section but you'll find the zero cache advancedsettings.xml file in the Xbox section.
WANT TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION?
A thank you is really all that's needed but if you want to buy me a drink then who am I to argue!

[Image: 11i3ihd.jpg]
Thank you so much for your prompt reply and explanation, it was tweaks folder I was looking for. Cheers

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cache/buffering mikeystipe 2 594 05-29-2017, 01:31 PM
Last Post: bromerzz
  pre buffering maddp777 5 943 07-21-2016, 08:42 AM
Last Post: maddp777
  Buffering HD on XBMC liam-909 0 1,858 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Buffering issue rainman287 0 623 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: