Sponsored Links:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buffering: The cause and solution
OpenELEC all the way mate, go to Freaktab and find Codesnake's OpenELEC port to the M8. You should find that runs great, the "pure linux" builds I personally find a bit buggy and nowhere near as nice as OE (which is also linux based).
WANT EARLY DEVELOPMENT RELEASE ACCESS?
All users who've helped out with a donation can now gain early access to the
latest test versions of add-ons, often weeks or months ahead of the public stable releases.

[Image: 11i3ihd.jpg]
Sponsored Links:
Thanks mate. Have got OE running on the M8 quite nicely now. Much zipper and have golf channel on NBCS running without buffering at 720p, so acid test is when servers hammered for a 3PM kick off. A few niggles with EO, like no Acestream support and no 4K support either.

Cheers Smile
Yes I found a few trade-offs were in order, 4k and AceStreams (not that I personally use either) will not work in OE at the moment where as they do on Android but Pulsar worked on OE but I couldn't get it working on Android.
latest test versions of add-ons, often weeks or months ahead of the public stable releases.

Okay I downloaded this advanced setting but I'm not sure i've activated it correctly. I don't understand the final steps of the video. I have an matrices gbox2. I don't know where to go to change the cache number or even where to go. I'm very new to this. Can someone please help me?
Have you read the instructions in the first post? Of course it's entirely your call if you want to use this on that device but make sure you read the warnings, it's not something I would recommend doing unless you're happy taking the risk. There is nothing to edit, just follow the steps in the first post Smile

I have  a question re buffering with Raspberry Pi. I am on a slow broadband service and my connections are wired. We are enjoying some old series; 4 and 5 years old. Some play straight away and don't buffer, Others like to buffer. A 40 minute episode will buffer for 20 minutes before it plays and once the 20 minute mark is reached stops and we have to manually buffer and go make a cup of tea. My Pi has a 32GB Sandisk 3.0 USB thumb drive
Sometimes the initial buffering is real slow. I have used a variety of sources and they all seem to be the same. I presume the buffered stream is stored somewhere in the STORAGE directory. My question is - is there something I can do to improve, speed up or avoid the need to buffer. More recent and indeed current shows do not buffer. I manage our shows with Genesis/Trakt :coffee2:
I'm afraid not, the actual buffering process is blazing quick it's just the internet that's letting you down (whether your end or server side). Newer content has more sources available and is usually hosted on much faster servers, the old stuff can get a bit neglected I'm afraid.

Hello,

I used to have issues with buffering that caused media content to stop & start perodically.
The issue was solved using the Xunity-Talk maintenance tool which configures the cache xml file to use your device's hdd.
As the OP has stated in this thread, mechanical hdd's will be burdened.
Some units may have a flash type of hdd (most of the newer models) which would not be affected to the same degree as a mechanical drive would be.

Imo let us say a device with a mechanical hdd lasts 3 - 4 yrs with this setup prior to having issues, it would be well worth it since watching uninterrupted programming is obviously more desirable.

Here are some video instructions for using Xunity. It offers more than just the maintenance tool & I advise to try all its resources.

1st video instruction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtFGgGz1cRY
2nd video instruction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UEvCDNv6qM

Regards.
will your tweak work on kodi
I use zero cache on Kodi 14.2

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pre buffering maddp777 5 398 07-21-2016, 08:42 AM
Last Post: maddp777
  Buffering HD on XBMC liam-909 0 1,631 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Buffering issue rainman287 0 508 Less than 1 minute ago